Chapter Seven: The Most Unwilling Performance the World Has Seen

With a ding, the timer sounded. Tarino floated up from where he had been working on his own pizza as well. "Is everyone ready?" 

"No," came Mr L's reply from the blackened crater that used to be his station.

"What were you doing over there?!" Huey couldn't help but stare. Neither could the other contestants. 

"I tried to upgrade your stove and it blew up."

"Uh, thanks, but no thanks. Goomboss?" When Tarino mentioned his name, the Goomba King pulled out a mostly-burnt circle. Looking closely revealed that he had actually put together a decent pizza, just... a little overcooked. "Uh... technically, it's still a pizza, which is a little more than what L did."

Bombette stepped up next. Her creation looked all right - the usual cheeses, some spices, and tomatoes hidden among for an extra burst of flavor. She got an approving score from Huey. 

Last up was Flavio with what appeared to be a completely normal pizza, aside from the fact that the toppings were in a very odd arrangement. No matter what he tried, though, Huey just wasn't able to figure out what it was supposed to be. Knowing Flavio, though, it was either his face or his name, so the judges weren't exactly going in with high hopes.

Surprisingly enough, though... being the editor of Foppish Gourmet Weekly had paid off. The paint can stayed awake long enough to declare it a perfect score before passing out on the ground. A Toad chef ran in and removed his unconscious body from the room for the reason of "unconscious people on the floor tend to ruin the mood". 

While the four contestants had their meal, the rest of the Paint Stars tallied out the points.

(Scores:

NintendoJedi: +10

TuliDream: +7

yoshistar_123: +1

BOOMFanficALatta: +0 (sorry!))

When dinner came to a close, Emelda floated up and cleared their throat. "Participants! We still have one event left. It shouldn't be far from here by sea from Starlight Cape, and luckily, I was informed we do have a ship."

"I ain't trusting any of you with it, so don't even THINK about takin' the wheel," Fortilla added in the background.

"Once you're all done, just meet us outside! We'll be taking this incredibly handy side exit." The Green Paint Star finished, braced themself, and then autodefenestrated. "Follow me!"

"Uh..." Bombette decided to stay silent as she watched Mr L rip through the fabric of reality by summoning Brobot and then throwing both of them out the window, everyone else following the giant rip in the wall.

• • •

It took an hour to reach the Emerald Circus all the way on the other side, but they still managed to reach it. When they got there, Emelda was already waiting.

"All right, the show's going to start soon, so I'll just give you the instructions."

"Show?" Goomboss raised a brow.

"Yep. All four of you will be putting on your best act! I've given the crowd enough Prism Points to give out, so if you do well, they'll award you with more! Twenty's your limit, but we'll see how well you do every act."