Chapter Thirteen: A Cold Welcome (Exit Challenge)

Turning Brobot towards the fort doors, Mr L narrowed his eyes. "All right, we're busting in." With the push of a button, at least twenty missiles flew out of the mech's mouth, interweaving amongst one another until they made contact in a massive explosion. Unfortunately, when the smoke cleared, the door held intact. "Ugh, never mind."

Bombette went next, throwing herself at the doors and charging up an explosion before falling from the sky for no reason. Paper Mario never explained how that works. Using her extra momentum, she charged up a powerful kick to the doorknob. Nothing happened this time around, either.

Finally, Flavio walked up to the door and opened it like any normal person would. The doors swung open without any problem.

"OH COME ON!" The Green Thunder hopped out of Brobot and walked off towards the others, dragging the somewhat unconscious Bob-Omb behind him.

Upon entering the castle, a pair of spotlights flickered on, right on the party. A second pair lit up the room, and slowly, a trail slowly led to Inky, who sat on an armchair with the smuggest look on his face. Or as smug as a pair of eyes on an inkwell can get. "Hello."

"Hello," Flavio replied.

"One sec." Inky pressed a button on his chair, and cannons came out of the walls, aimed at the group and ready to fire. Then they exploded, sending confetti all over the place. "And welcome back to the Prism Party! I'm your host, Inky, and I designed this whole place for you to work in. But first..." 

Chains of Dark Paint flew out of nowhere, wrapping around each of the Paint Stars and forming round bubbles. Tarino instantly curled up, while Solde took the more head-on approach and tried to bash her way out. The others just kind of gave up in their balls. 

"Now, now. Can't have those six messing around with me, can I? I've been nice enough to put together a party for you. An actual party. With everything that guy failed to add." Inky pulled out a clipboard. 

"How could you just-argh!" Bombette began to run across the walkway, but a section of the floor ahead of her transformed into a set of spikes, forcing her to stop.

"Feisty one. Right, it's in the notes." Inky tossed the clipboard behind, taking to the skies. "But if you try to kill me, remember, your precious Huey is in here too." 

The Bob-Omb growled at that statement. Flavio shook his head at her. "Now, now. Let's not be hasty."

"Seriously though, you'd probably die if you attacked that." Mr L rolled his eyes. "All right, what're you playing at?"

"So long as we're still going with the minigame thing..." Inky raised a wing, and one of the walls opened up to a room, a platform rising to meet with the giant platform path to himself - just in front of the contestants. "Head in there. First challenge inside." 

• • •

Inky didn't lie - the first room seemed to be for some sort of challenge. The floor had been divided into a sort of chessboard-looking area, with ten rows and ten columns. A lone cage near the ceiling held several Prism Points, which in turn were attached to a switch near one edge. 

"So, this is your first minigame. Try to get over here and grab those Points. Easy!"

"Uh... there's a twist, right?"

"What? Noooo. I definitely didn't rig certain squares on the floor to trigger traps when stepped on. Just come over here, and I'll reward whoever's living handsomely!" 

13: Exit Challenge

Trapped in a room? No problem, just guess your way out!

What you need to do is to choose a coordinate on this 10x10 map. Each row is a number (1-10) and each column is a letter (A-J). Some coordinates (predetermined) have been marked "lose" coordinates - if you choose those, you, uh, are out. If you choose a "safe" coordinate, you choose another until you're out. Whoever survives the longest wins!

RULES:

- PM ONLY.

- This will last until someone dies or until Jan 6, 2020.

- There may be ties!

Here's the grid so you know how it works. 

Have fun!

Have fun!

Points handout:

1st: 10

2nd: 5

3rd: 1

Current Standings:

NintendoJedi: 51

BOOMFanficALatta: 39

TuliDream: 51