Chapter Eight: An Interlude (END OF ACT ONE)

"Okay! Let's get this party started! Also if anyone sues the circus for your acts, I'm suing you." After a green Shy Guy rushed in, Emelda had turned their eye to the others - two of which were missing. "Wait, where's-"

"I think they left a minute ago, so both Goomboss and Mr L are... just gone, I guess. Maybe shoving them onstage isn't such a good idea," Huey replied. "I would know..."

"That changes our order. Flavio, you're up first, and Bombette next. All right?" Without waiting for either of their responses, the Green Paint Star gave them a nod. "Okay, go." 

And with that, the crowd was sentenced to a fifteen-minute monologue (Ah, Flavio, I knew thee well"). During those fifteen minutes, Bombette took her time planning her routine, which revealed itself to be some kind of mix between semi-awkward one-person cheerleading and explosions after Flavio's speech about his many achievements.

Soon after, the Toads in the stands tossed out a bunch of Prism Points to both performers as Huey cheered in the back where nobody could see him. Meanwhile, Emelda checked the ratings.

"How'd we do?" Bombette spoke up.

"I'll never hire any of you ever again if my life depended on it." they replied with a smile.

• • •

Results: 

NintendoJedi: +6

TuliDream: +4

• • •

Quiz results time!

1. How many different outfit sprites does Mimi from Super Paper Mario have?

Answer: A. Mimi is quite the fashionista!

2. What happened to Luigi's Blooper partner in TTYD?

Answer: C. Poor guy was fried brown.

3. In Paper Mario: Sticker Star, what attack are you forced to use against Kamek in his battles?

Answer: B. A ground-only attack that does 1 damage, all while Kamek can summon clones you need to kill in one turn and can fly. Jerk.

4. In the original Paper Mario, what does Lakilester refer to himself as?

Answer: B. Of course, he'd much rather you never use his actual name!

5. What does the Piggy Bank Thing do in Paper Mario: Color Splash?

Answer: D. What, did you expect it to not be the greatest attack?

6. What ability does Beldam in The Thousand-Year Door have?

Answer: C. She uses the power of ice (cryokinesis). Marilyn is the one with electrokinesis, while aerokinesis is (sort of) Flurrie's ability, if you try. Hydrokinesis has yet to be utilized by any character.

7. What is the name of the main town in Sticker Star?

Answer: A. I wish I had something interesting to say about this.

8. "Romantic stories like that... just touch a soft spot in this heart of mine!" is a line spoken by which character?

Answer: B. Sushie is a hopeless romantic and joins after she learns of Mario's hoping to save Peach.

9. In Super Paper Mario, who is the first character to speak in the story mode, not counting the narrator?

Answer: C. Although Luigi is the first to speak in Chapter 1, Peach speaks first in the Prologue!

10. In Color Splash, what are the colors Huey can turn based on his emotion?

Answer: C. He turns red for anger, yellow for joy, blue for sadness and purple for fear.

• • •

"And that concludes our first day. Stay tuned for more tomorrow!" Huey waved the others off as they entered the inn, over half of them far more than ready to pass out for the night. The paint can himself turned to see the other Paint Stars - save Crimm who was still out in space - right at his back.

"So that was day one, huh. Real thriller." Solde shrugged. "I'll accept pretty much anything as payment, by the way."

"Ugh, fine. I'll let you have half the burger next time we go to Cobalt Café..." grumbled Huey as the group floated back towards Prisma Fountain for the night.

None of them were aware of the presence of a pair of small, bright eyes, watching the paint can from the shadows...

-END OF ACT ONE-

A/N: Hope you all have enjoyed this party so far! I'll be back with Act Two soon - expect it before 2020 comes, heh! I'm really sorry. 

In the meantime, I'll give you your scores for Act One.

1 - NintendoJedi as Flavio: 38

2 - TuliDream as Bombette: 33

3 - yoshistar_123 as Goomboss/King Goomba: 19

4 - BOOMFanficALatta as Mr L: 18

I'm really sorry you're all going to have to wait for a while as I prepare Act Two. I hope I won't disappoint when I come back!