Chapter Twenty-One: Whoa-oh, We're Almost There Now

"All right. I... have no idea what this means. Should we be graphing? I feel like we should be graphing this." Mr L pulled a pen and paper out of his hammerspace, sketching out a graph. "Now, if log ab is equal to..."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you go a few steps back?" Crimm piped up.

"SHUT UP, I'M TRYING TO THINK."

"I thought we were all part of this." Emelda interrupted.

"YOU TOO."

"Think? I can't think. I never learned this stuff."

"i'm only a middle schooler," Tarino added. 

"ALL RIGHT, THAT'S IT. I QUIT." Mr L tossed the pen and paper to the floor.

As the group continued their squabble, Bombette gave up and picked a few up, jabbing them at the locks. When she felt something was right, she inserted and twisted them, taking down three of the four chains. Flavio slipped out of the conversation and added the last one, freeing the Blue Star.

"All right, this is over, we're done, next room." When Tacolb realized nobody was listening, he turned to the two who freed him. "Can we leave without them, or...?"

• • •

Results:

Azure-Bluet: +10

NintendoJedi: +5

BOOMFanficALatta: +1

• • •

The last Paint Star was rather close. Too close, in fact. Fortilla's room opened up only to the left of Tacolb's, far too close to be a coincidence. The group rushed in to see another bubble holding the Purple Star inside, except it was so far in the distance it could have been a massive raisin and none of them would have known until they'd already traversed the room and wasted several minutes of their life.

"All right. One last challenge, and then we can go fight Inky or whatever. I don't even know." Mr L shrugged. "I just want out of here."

"You aren't the only one," Solde replied, looking about before dashing for her friend. "But you will be the only one wait- AAAAAA-"

An electric shock blasted into the Yellow Star, knocking her to the floor with a splatter of her own color. A hiss and a foul smell began to fill the air.

"Idiot." Tacolb muttered. "Well, it's everyone for themself, here. There seems to be a switch on the other side."

"Good luck!" Emelda, too took off, as did the others, using the paint to sense their way.

"Well," Bombette added. "Shall we get going?"

19 - Winner Takes All Challenge

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT-

All right, not yet.

The only thing really different about this challenge is that the winner gets 15 points, and everyone else gets zero. 

Here's your challenge.

Write a sad story in 20 words. You cannot use any more.

The story has to be sad in some kind of ironic memey way, though, because I prioritize comedy over everything else.

RULES:

- No plagiarism.

- You should try to make use of all 20 of your words.

- Words with hyphens count as two words.

- No limit on how long or short each word is.

- PM or comment your answers!

Have fun.