Chapter Six: WHERE'S THE LAMB SAUCE (Tarino's Challenge)

"ALL RIGHT, WE'RE UP, SO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STARTING YOUR BOAT." Solde's voice rang out. "Bombette, Goomboss, you ready?"

"Aye," the Bob-Omb replied, taking her place at the port cannon. The Goomba King took the starboard one and made a signal with his left foot, and the ship began to move.

The first few shots missed the circular targets. The next few shots missed, too. And every shot after that. Then the boat crashed into a rock. 

"YEAH, I AIN'T PAYING FOR THAT. HUEY! YOUR TURN!" screeched Fortilla from her ship. "AND DON'T CRASH THIS ONE. OR DO. I WASN'T PLANNIN' ON RETURNING THOSE ANYWAY."

As the second vessel sailed forth, Mr L and Flavio took their positions as well. It appeared that nobody had really gotten used to the firing mechanics, as 99% of their cannonballs came out too late. A lucky shot from Flavio managed to hit a Blooper target that came out of literally nowhere, earning the team 75 points and guaranteeing that nobody would get any peace for the next 75 minutes.

Eventually, the ship came to a stop next to the crashed one. Huey gave it a one-over and shook his head. "Yeah, I can't fix that."

"So, uh, how are we going to get back to Prism Island?" Bombette asked after a minute of awkward silence. "I mean, it doesn't seem like the other two who haven't challenged us are around here..."

"Give me a sec." the Yellow Star replied. "Haven't done this in a while." Goomboss was then hurled onto the other boat, as was Bombette, who promptly blew up. Thankfully, all that did was tear a hole on the deck and not sink anything. 

Finally, after a few minutes of struggling to cover up the hole with tape of all things, the ship turned back towards Prism Island for the next challenge.

• • •

Points:

NintendoJedi and BOOMFanficALatta: +5 each

yoshistar_123 and Kitsune-09: +1 each

• • •

Soon, the four contestants, Huey, and their current chaperone in the form of Tacolb found themselves on the Sunset Express. Tarino had told them he would meet them at Tangerino Grill, precisely where his challenge would be. 

As time passed on the train, with the constant clacking of the tracks, each person stayed to their own seats and barely intereacted, aside from Bombette, who struck up a conversation with Huey, just because "the awkward silence was going to kill me". 

Finally, after what felt like the longest train ride in all of history, the Sunset Express came to a stop. The conductor Toad announced the next stop, and the passengers instantly rushed off as quickly as they could, some of them defenestrating themselves to get out. Huey was one of them.

The second they entered, Tarino showed up. "You're finally here! Okay, uh, um, just follow me here. No VIPs tonight, so we, uh, got their... room."

Entering the room revealed four small "cooking stations", with stoves, knives, and the like. Several types of cheese, what appeared to be dough, and vegetables lined a cutting board on each.

"So, um, you'll be making... pizza. It's become our signature dish ever since, uh, Mario came by and revolutionized it. Seriously, we haven't served anything else in the past 15 months. I've put the instructions up on the board. I'll judge you afterwards, and if it's good enough, we'll serve it to you."

"And if we all fail?" Goomboss added. 

"We'll just, uh, order from the menu. The bill's on Huey tonight, by the way."

"Don't you dare order anything off-menu," the paint can growled, "or I'll find you, and I'll vandalize your entire room."

"Everyone ready? You'll have... around an hour to create your pizza. Good luck!"

5 - Tarino's Challenge

I won't force you to cook. I'm cruel but I'm not THAT cruel. 

I will have to make you cook up a short story, however. Write a quick tale (300-500 words) about yourself attempting to cook/bake, and how it ends. PM me your work, and I'll judge you accordingly.

RULES:

- Must be 300-500 words, no more and no less.

- This does not have to be realistic. You can make Yoshis fly out of the oven and grant each other 18 wishes when you try to beat eggs. In fact, doing so will give you more points from me.

- No cussing, NSFW, lemons, or Movie Sonic.

- This event runs until the end of NOVEMBER 4, 2019. Anything sent after that will be declined.

(Current Standings:

Kitsune-09: 22

NintendoJedi:22

BOOMFanficALatta: 18

yoshistar_123: 18)