A Mild Cold

Keys;
Bienvenido - Welcome
Con Permiso - Excuse Me
Mi Habibi - My Dear
Mi Cariño - My Darling
Words - 703

Wandering the city, you eyed every by-passer wearily. You were in Mexico for vacation, and your time here hasn't been the best. It certainly could have been worse, but given how long each event was, it was the worst. Your friend bailed on you in the first ten hours before leaving. Something about relationship problems, but then you almost ran late to your plane, and nearly forgot your passport. Not to mention, the hotel you had booked had no vacancy left, so for now, you were bunking with a sweet lady whose son seemed very obnoxious and loud, not to mention foul-mouthed.

You'd been sent out to get groceries, but you didn't know that it would rain, so lucky you had forgotten to bring a hoodie or an umbrella. Great. Entering the shop, you were greeted with a, "Bienvenido!" along with a small bell above your head once you opened the door. You smiled politely at the cashier who welcomed you, giving a nod to let her know that you appreciated the welcome. "Eh, con permiso.." You politely mumbled as you went to grab cheese and chicken, along with some pan dulce and tamales. When you finished paying, and started heading back home, the rain had gotten worse, and by now, you were soaking wet. Upon arriving home, you dropped the bags gently on the table, before stripping off your soaked jacket.

Hearing the door shut, Alex almost jumped out of his chair to see who it was, but remembered that it was you, since his mom had already gone to sleep, as it was late. He'd stayed up streaming, and had just finished, so he was getting a night snack. Stopping dead in his tracks, he saw how wet you were. "Um.. are you okay?" "Y-yeah, don't worry about it. I also g-got some snacks and f-food.." Great. Now you were stuttering because you were freezing. "Well, take a shower, I'll be up with you in a minute." Confused, you nodded and went straight to shower, getting your clothes ready. Alex knocked on the door, and you opened it slightly, poking only your head out. "Here you go, I got it and thought you might need it..." He held out a bath bomb, and you took it, giving him a smile, before you let out a small sneeze. "Bless you- okay then-" You'd closed the door on him out of embarrassment, and just started showering.

Meanwhile, Alex was preparing a tomato soup and grilled cheese, along with some medicine. He saw that you'd be sick in a few more minutes, so he'd decided to nurse you back to health. Once you finished showering, he'd hurried to your room, setting it up. "Pills? Check. Soup? Check. Grilled cheese? Check. Blankets? Check. My hoodies and beanies? Check." As you walked into your room, you saw Alex standing there, mumbling to himself. "Excuse me? Are you okay?" You asked worriedly. "Hmm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Go ahead and lay down, I'll be with you, until you get better." "You didn't have t-to do this for me.." The Mexican sighed and picked you up bridal style, before gently placing you on the bed, and held out a hoodie for you to wear. Grabbing it, you put it on and immediately felt safe, as it was big on you. "Sit up, I'll feed you some soup." Doing as he said, you felt all warm and tingly inside, his small acts of kindness making you feel mushy and lovey dovey for him.

"I never got to ask your name, mind telling me?" Alex asked out of the blue. "Y/N..." I'll just call you mi habibi. Alright? You can give me a nickname, if you'd like. And, my name is Alex." "How about... mi cariño?" "If you like it. Get some rest, alright?" "Alright. Buenas noches, cariño." After a few minutes had passed, you'd fallen asleep, and he was about to get up, but you wouldn't let go of his arm. He smiled fondly, and laid back down, embracing you tightly while pecking your forehead.