Celebrating a New Decade in the Right Way

Keys: Y/N - Your Name
F/S/P - Favorite Streaming Platform
F/S - Favorite Show
Word Count: 827 Words

3rd Person P.O.V.

Today was December 31st, 2019. You were eighteen, turning nineteen on January 1st, which was coincidentally tomorrow. And since you really didn't do much around New Years or your birthday, except get dragged by your friends around at a party, you had decided to invite your closest friend group over to celebrate the new decade. Except they had told your other friends, who told their other friends, which led to a full out house party. And you weren't happy a single bit. "Hey, Y/N! Thanks for inviting us!" Some random guy slurred as he smiled cheekily at you. "Yeah, sure, no problem." You then went into the kitchen, and to no surprise, saw a few people wasted, and some even digging through your fridge. 'What the hell?!'

Your P.O.V.

"God, these people are fucking idiots..." I grumbled as I made my way into my room. I didn't want to spend New Years taking care of people when I didn't even invite them. I decided to turn on my TV, switched onto F/S/P, and started watching F/S. I took out my snacks from my nightstand, and, to my horror, there weren't anymore drinks. 'Shit. Now I gotta head down to grab drinks? God. Fucking. Damn. It.' I decided to put on a hoodie, a mask covering my mouth, and as fast as I could, grab drinks and get the hell out of there.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I saw my friends looking around. Probably for me. It was 10:30ish, and people were already acting like 2020 started. It was... weird. Anyway, I rushed into the kitchen, opened the fridge, and stuffed drinks in my pockets, filling them all up. "Hey, do you know where the bathroom is?" Someone tapped my shoulder, and I turned. The person was a guy, and he looked lost. I shook my head, so he wouldn't follow me upstairs, and when he turned to ask somebody else, I made a run for it. I dashed into my room, and dropped everything on my bed. Peace at last.

Alex's P.O.V.

My friend Hoover invited me to this party, and I decided to come along, because why the fuck not? It'd be interesting. That was about an hour ago. I have to go to the bathroom, but I couldn't seem to find it. I had decided on asking people, but they didn't send to know. 'Fuck it, I'm going up.' I walked up the stairs, and opened a door. An empty bedroom. I opened the one beside it, which turned out to be a closet. 'Come on, please let it be this one!' I thought as I opened the door on the opposite side. I closed my eyes as the door opened, expecting to be blinded by lights, but boy was I wrong. It was a girl, in her bed watching F/S while eating and drinking. She had the same hoodie as the guy I asked downstairs.

I locked eyes with her accidentally, and it was very awkward for about thirty seconds. She broke the silence by asking, "Do you want to watch?" I nodded. "In a bit. Where's the bathroom?" "Next room over." I nodded, and went to the bathroom, before heading back inside. "So, um... what brings you here?" The girl asked as she paused her show. "My friend Hoover invited me, and I basically got stuck here. You?" "I live here. I invited like four of my friends, and then they invited other people. Didn't really imagine spending New Years like this." I cocked my head to the side. "How come? You don't like parties?" She nodded. "Yeah. I guess. Also, it's because I don't really socialize." I nodded. "Shit, my bad. Didn't even introduce myself. Um, I'm Alex." "I'm Y/N. A pleasure meeting you." We spent the next thirty minutes watching F/S, and before you know, were dragged downstairs.

It was 11:58, and our friends dragged us both downstairs. Someone turned the TV on, and flipped to the channel with the ball drop. "Guys, it's starting! Come on!" I heard someone else yell. I was beside Y/N, and saw everyone pouring themselves wine, along with grapes. "10!" I sighed. "9!" Y/N told me earlier she didn't have a midnight kiss. "8!" By the way she acts, she's really interesting. "7!" I wanted to get to know her better. "6!" And so, I made a final decision of the decade. "5!" Y/N might not like it. "4!" But that's okay. "3!" "Y/N." She turned, and looked at me. "2!" "Yes?" I leaned in. "1! 0!" As the clock struck midnight, I kissed Y/N, and, to my surprise, she returned it. "Happy New Year!" 'This is a great way to start the decade.'