Happy Birthday

Keys: Y/N - Your Name
B/F/N - Best Friend's Name
F/F - Favorite Food
Coqueta - Coquette
Word Count: 969 Words

Y/N's P.O.V.

I sighed as I worked relentlessly on one of my clients' cars. I worked as a mechanic, fixing up cars and motorcycles. Today was Alex's birthday, as well as the day I worked alone. See, I had opened up my little car shop, along with three other friends. The thing was, since I'm the owner, and manager, and also am a friend, they thought that they could all bail on me. I wasn't supposed to work, but when I passed the shop on my way to buy Alex's gift, the light wasn't even turned on. So, it left me no other choice but to open the shop and start working by myself. It's been six hours since, and I'm almost done with this car.

It's been two hours since then, and I've barely finished the car. I stretched while letting a yawn out, and wiped the grease off my cheeks. It was eight at night, and I still hadn't got Alex's gift. It was supposed to be a Cuban link necklace with a yellow diamond-encrusted duck charm on it. The charm itself was probably a little bigger than my hand, and had other colored diamonds in it. I'd been saving up, since I not only worked as a mechanic, but I've been picking up side-jobs for about three and a half years. I'd earned more than enough for the gift, and I was supposed to pick it today, but I haven't been able to pick it up. 'Fucking B/F/N...' I walked out of the shop, and got in my car, wincing as I'd forgotten about Alex's lunch he made for me today. It was still sitting in my lunchbox, cold and untouched. "Well, it doesn't hurt to eat it cold.. I wonder what he packed today." I opened the container, and saw F/F arranged to form Obama. I smiled, and chuckled. 'Alex sure does have a way with cooking.'

Alex's P.O.V.

I sighed as I set up my desk, getting ready to stream. Today was my birthday, and I was going to stream today, to read all the messages I've received and the edits that I was tagged in. When I opened my Twitter, there was even a hashtag started on me. It was #HappyHabibiDay. It warmed my heart that my fans really cared about me. It's not like I was depressed, but it's stressing to stream. I've been gone a week or two without streaming, and since I've returned, I promised that I'd stream the rest of the month. I haven't kept up with that promise, which really backfired on me, but I hoped that tonight's stream would make up for it. My mind wandered over to Y/N, who hasn't been home for a long nine hours since she left to go out. I really hoped she hasn't forgotten about my birthday... I turned on my stream, and welcomed everyone, smiling widely. "Hey guys! Um, today I'm going to read some messages you all have sent. Today's my birthday, as you may or may not know. Y/N? She's not here, sorry guys." I frowned, and started watching edits first.

Y/N's P.O.V.

As I finished my meal, I'd gotten a notification that Alex had started streaming on Twitch. 'Oh god oh fuck I need to pick up Alex's gift holy shit-' I turned on my car, and started driving as fast as I could within the speed limit to the jewelry shop. I knew Manny would stay open late, as he was selling a lot more than usual, and would be again today. As I parked, I hurried inside and felt awkward as the elevator music and blinding lights hit me. "Y/N! There you are! I was wondering where you were," Manny waved me over into the back room, leaving the rich people outside in the waiting area. I followed him, and he stopped after a minute or two. He picked up a box, and opened it gently, as to not damage the box. As I saw what was in the box, I gasped. It was beautiful. It was exactly how I envisioned it, except... better. "I know, it's very expensive, and you already have the money for it, but take it. Don't even pay me, I know exactly how special it is. Tell Alex I said happy birthday, from his bro." I shook my head. "Are you sure? This cash is a lot, and I know you're still needing supplies-" Manny cut me off short. "Y/N. I have billionaires coming to me. A kid that's barely older than Alex. I'm sure I can handle. Now, go get him."

I took the box in my hands, and felt how heavy it was. Hopefully Alex liked it. I started making my way home, and rushed upstairs when I got there. "Alex?" He opened the door and eyed the box. "What's in there?" I shook my head, and walked in, noticing myself in the camera. "Here. I want you to open this on camera, it's a gift from me and Manny." I handed Alex the box, and he dragged up another spinning chair, letting me sit in the second one. He started opening the box, and took out the necklace. "Holy shit, Y/N! What the fuck is this? It's so big! And it has a big duck!" I watched as he admired the gift, before pulling out a bracelet that matched the necklace. 'I didn't order thi-' I smiled as Manny came to mind. He most likely put it in. I read the chat while Alex hugged and kissed my cheek. "Thank you so much, coqueta.."