Myth Hunter

Keys: N/N - Nickname
Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Last Name
Mi Amor - My Love
Cariño, dime que estoy haciendo mal - Darling, tell me what I'm doing wrong
Word Count: 1290 Words

//; i based this oneshot on nessie, like i want it to be real but it's not :( also this oneshot got far from alex-

Alex's P.O.V.

"N/N, are you sure you wanna go to Scotland? I mean, we can go to Oregon and look for Bigfoot there, we don't have have to travel half the world to 'find' Nessie," I tried discouraging my girlfriend. "Alex, please. I know what I'm doing. Now, I've booked us two whole weeks to stay at the highlands. I've also invited Tyler and his girlfriend, so you can go hang out with them." I face palmed. "Y/N L/N. We're not going to Scotland, and that's final. I'm not going to waste my time to look for something that doesn't even exist!" I accidentally shouted the last bit, but I was losing my patience. Y/N couldn't just go and order tickets to Scotland without even telling me, and she invited the one friend I disliked the most. I looked at Y/N with a stern expression, and she looked like she was about to either burst into tears, or punch me really hard, I couldn't tell.

She started sniffling, and I felt guilt wash over me. "N/N, mi amor, I-" "Fine! I'll just go by myself, see if I care about you there!" She pushed me harshly, and went into her room. My eyes widened, and I groaned to myself. "Alex, you're so stupid.." I went into her room, and found her packing two suitcases. "H-hey, don't you think that's too much clothes for two weeks?" I asked nervously. Y/N just ignored me, and kept packing. "Cariño, dime que estoy haciendo mal.." "Just stop! You clearly don't want to go with me, what's the point?! Just shut up and let me leave, you.. you fucking idiot!" She screamed in return, tears streaming down her tears. "Just fucking get out, Alex.." I didn't want to risk my chances, so I left her apartment as quick as I could.

Y/N's P.O.V.

I just sighed and fell on my knees as he left. I really thought he would stay and try to make amends, but I just yelled at him to leave. I shook my head, and kept packing. 'I'm not going to let him ruin this for me.. he can't just discourage me from doing something I've loved as a kid. I don't need someone toxic like him.' I shut my cases as soon as I finished packing, and ordered an Uber. This was going to be one long month away from home..

-Time Skip-

I sighed as I stayed inside my room. It was raining heavily in the highlands, which sucked. I was really hoping to look in the lake today, seeing as I wasn't too busy today. I frowned, and took out my journal and a pencil. I opened it, and started writing.

Day 8.

Not much has been happening, like the past few days. The storm is getting even worse, which means I haven't been able to go out. The hotel I'm staying at, its power keeps coming and going. My computer has been acting up, too, as has my phone. I keep getting phone calls, but they've managed to stop- no, no they haven't. As I'm writing this, the same number keeps calling back. I don't know who it is. I haven't responded, but they keep calling back every few hours, even when I'm sleeping. I've just decided to put my phone on Do Not Disturb. At times I'm tempted to pick up, but I want to do this. I want to find Nessie. People think of Nessie as just a giant eel, or a plesiosaurus, but I know better. She's got to exist, I know it.

I sighed, and closed the book. 'This is dumb. Why did I even come out here? I miss home. This is just a stupid mistake, I shouldn't have left Alex alone... but he told me I couldn't do this. I can do it. I will do it. I'll prove him wrong.' I closed my eyes, rethinking my decision, before I heard splashing coming from outside. I looked out the window, and smiled to myself as the water made huge ripples, none that a simple eel could do.

I hopped off of my bed, and grabbed my coat, shoving my phone into my pocket. I put my shoes on, and ran outside, not noticing the thunder or immense rain falling all around me. I walked down from the home, and near the bottom of the hill, which led to the loch. The ripples were coming close to me. I would finally be able to reveal to the world one of the most discussed myths! The ripples expanded, and something extremely long started snaking towards me. I stood up in horror, realizing that this creature wasn't Nessie. It was an eel. It could very well electrocute my dumb ass. I sprinted back to the house, before a lightning bolt struck the loch.

I gasped, and watched as a horrifyingly beautiful screech roared into the sky. From the loch erupted what appeared to be a magnified plesiosaur, with a long neck and four large fins. As the eel laid dead, since it had been near the lightning bolt, the monster snatched it up in its mouth and ate it whole. I couldn't believe this. I snapped a photo of the creature, and watched as its attention averted to me. I stood still, and the creature let out another screech, beckoning me to come forward. I carefully stepped close, and the plesiosaur-like creature stretched its neck towards me. I gently pat its head, still processing what just happened. The storm was starting to turn into light rain, and the animal was retreating into the water. "Wait! Could I get a picture?" I asked, and it stopped for a few moments. I assumed it meant a yes, and I snapped a few more pictures. It swam back into the depths of the loch, and I stood there, smiling to myself. 'I won't publish these. This beautiful creature doesn't deserve to be harassed. Not anymore.'

I went back inside the home, and waved at the lake. "My job here is done. Thank you, Ness." A few large ripples happened, and I took it as a goodbye. I started packing, not being able to wait to go home.

-Time Skip-

I dragged my lazy ass to the front door of my apartment, and unlocked it, dropping my suitcases onto the floor. As I was locking the door, I smiled once I turned around. On my couch was Alex, sleeping peacefully. Then I remembered what he told me. I shook awake my poor boyfriend, and saw the bags underneath his eyes. "Y-Y/N? You're back..? I missed you.. I shouldn't have told you that terrible stuff.. I don't deserve you.."

Alex's P.O.V.

It was true. I felt bad for my N/N, because of what I told her. I had stayed up late for the past three weeks, hoping that Y/N was joking, and wasn't leaving me, wanting her. I missed her so much. I hurt her. I don't deserve her.. "Alex, what you said was hurtful. But, it pushed me to go to Scotland, and meet it. So, thank you for that. Also, you not coming may have increased my chances of seeing it, so thanks for that as well," Y/N winked and I chuckled, bringing her into a hug. She started laughing, and as did I, before I realized what she said. "YOU MET NESSIE?!"