Chapter 1

present day

"Logan, wake up." My mother slowly shook me awake. I flinched at her touch and sighed, "I-I'm sorry.. it's-" She held her hand up, cutting me off,  "It's still bothering you, isn't it?"
I nodded in defeat. "Love, I'm so sorry. He's gone now." She whispered, trying to cope with me. I slowly nodded as my body started to shake. "I'll let you get dressed." She spoke softly before leaving my room.

I got up and threw on my sweatpants and slipped on my football hoodie. I heard a loud noise come from downstairs, my senses heightened and immediately went downstairs. My mother's hand was bloody as she looked down at the shattered plate on the kitchen floor. I let out a small sigh of relief.

"I-I just lost the feeling in my hand along with the grip.." She spoke as her body started to shake. I wrapped my arms around her, bringing her to my chest, slowly moving down to the ground. "It's okay. You just lost your grip. I'll clean everything up and cook you breakfast." I smiled softly. She returned the smile and hugged me. I hugged her back then got up, finding the bandages and wrapping up her hand to stop the bleeding. She thanked me before going into the living room. I kneeled down and cleaned up the broken pieces of the plate then started to cook breakfast. I looked over at the clock. 7:27 am. I already knew I was going to be late but it's not that big of a deal.

I finished cooking and brought her, her food, sitting down next her. "Thank you, Logan," She spoke softly. "You should go on and go to school."
I nodded, getting up. I kissed her forehead, grabbing my things and keys, "Love you, mom." She nodded in response as her way in saying 'I love you too.' I walked out and got into the car. The time popped up on the radio screen. 8:23 am. I shrugged it off and started to drive to school.

"Logan. You're late. Again." My teacher, Mrs. Lynn, spoke. "My mother hurt herself. I'm sorry." I explained, rasping out the 'I'm sorry.' "You always use the same excuses. Find something new to use next time." She remarked. I growled under my breath, trying not to argue. I sat at my table as the three other guys, looked at me. "Take a picture. Maybe it'll last longer." I spat out, lacing the words with too much poison. They all flinched except one. I laid my head down on my arm and started to write down the notes. "Don't overwork yourself, Paul." The girl whispered. I grumbled lowly and continued to write. "You're in for it after class. Just you wait." She mumbled. I mocked her, earning a pencil wack to my arm, which didn't bother me.

Once the bell rang, I was pulled out of my seat and dragged out into the hallway. "What the hell happened?" She asked. "She lost her grip on the plate, dropping and breaking it. Her hand was bloody but that's about it. I did her a favor and cooked her breakfast. Be proud of me, Rina." I explained. She looped her arm around mine, "Is this happening more often than usual?" I nodded and stuffed my hands and my pockets. "Logan, s-she's.." She put her hand on my arm. "Don't say it. If you do, you'll make a huge mistake." I growled, jerking my arm away. Rina has been my best friend since freshmen year after what happened at a party with someone. She knows how to handle these types of situations, but she didn't know that she was already crossing the line. I hurried to my next class and that feeling once I stepped into the doorway.

I sat down in my usual spot while Rina sat on the other side of the classroom. "Okay class, we're going to be doing a three-day project and I've chosen your partners." She announced. I laid my head down and waited for my name to be called.

".. and last but not least
Logan and Tyler."

Logan and Tyler.

The Tyler that hurt me a year ago? The Tyler that almost killed me a few months ago? Yes. It was that Tyler.

My instinct was to make him feel miserable and make him feel how I feel, but I didn't. Once he came over to me, sitting beside me, that feeling came over my body. Then my stomach dropped. The pencil I was holding dropped onto the paper and everything lost its color. Fear phase. The 'fear phase' is when someone you really care for, falls under.
"L-Logan?" Tyler's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at the desk, spacing out once again.

Once I realized that I wasn't in class anymore, I became really confused.
I was laying in my bed. The hell?? "No! You do not deserve to be here! Leave." Rina argued coldly. "You don't know him as well as I do. He's hurting and you can't see that. You're supposed to be his "best friend" that's there for him, not push him over the edge." Tyler responded flatley.
I groaned loudly, causing them to both look up. Tyler came over to me, kneeling in front of me on my side of the bed. I looked at him then looked away, "Why are you here?" "Because, you're my partner in this stupid project." He simply lied off his tounge which Rina didn't catch. "Because I missed you and I care for you." He spoke truthfully through mind link. I hid back a smile then looked at Rina, "Explain why you two were arguing."
"Because. That freak was talking about how he knew you more than I did. If he did, he wouldn't have hurt you." She spat out. Anger ran through the both of us but I held back my emotions. "You don't understand." Tyler snapped. I sat up, pain making my head throb, "Here's a better idea. Let's all go to the hospital." Rina grabbed my hand, "You're staying here." I pulled my hand away and got up, Rina gasping as I was shirtless, finding something to wear. "What? Never seen me shirtless?" I asked. She gulped, "N-No, but w-what are those sc-scars??" I stopped what I was doing and stood there.

"I don't want to talk about it." I whispered. There was no response so I continued to look for clothes. I pulled on my hoodie and put on my shoes, walking past the two, heading downstairs. I went to the hospital and went to lady at the front desk. "Name?" She asked. "Rosalie. Rosalie Paul." I assured.

"Room 429."

I headed up to the room and walked inside quietly, sitting in the chair beside her. She looked over at me and smiled a little. "What happened?" I asked, looking at the wall. "I only remember some chest pain before blacking out.." She spoke barely above a whisper. The door bursted open with Rina and Tyler arguing back and forth. I growled lowly and Tyler retreated back from her. Rina looked at him, "What? Are you being coward?" "Enough. Both of you." My alpha voice rang in Tyler's ears causing him to wince. I wrapped my fingers around my mother's hand and closed my eyes. Rina sighed and sat next to me and Tyler took the other seat. That feeling was dying out when he wasn't next to me. The doctor came into the room, looking over at us. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "Can I take to you? Alone?" She asked. I nodded and headed out into the hallway.

"Logan, right?" She asked. I nodded and looked at her. "Your mother is having trouble with her heart and she is at the risk of having only a few months in her life left.. I know that it may seem hard for you since she's a single parent but I want you to be there with her till it's time. Can you do that for me?" She explained. "I can, as long as there's snacks and a drink." I smiled in response. She smiled and nodded.

I went back into the room with her as she ran tests on my mother, I sat back down in the chair and relaxed as Tyler got up and sat in my lap. He knew what was best for me. Our arms found our waists and necks and get heads found the crook of our necks. "Goodnight, Logan."
"Goodnight, Tyler."

Stay with her till it's time.
That's a promise, I'll never break.