Chapter 11

I walked out of the room, following the faint scent. I quietly opened the door and stepped outside. The wind started to blow, making the cool weather feel much worse. I smelt the scent getting stronger as I stepped down the steps. "You know, you're not supposed to be going anywhere at 4 in the morning, alpha." Adrian rasped out, tiredly. I shook from the breeze, looking back at him, "There's someone on our side, that doesn't belong here."
"You're in no shape to fight, Logan."
"Who said that we were fighting?"
"What if it's that mutt from the game?"
"So what if it is? I can still fight. I heal fast. Mutts are slow."
"He tried to start a fight with you after you tackled him, because he smelt you and you smelt him."
"He's weak."
"So are you."
"You're coming with me."

He stepped down beside me, looking at me. I shifted, walking into the woods. He followed in suit, walking beside me. We followed the scent as we got deeper into the woods. The mutt attacked me from my left flank, biting into my injured leg. I winced, jerking my head around, throwing him off. He shook his head, getting back up, charging at me. Adrian attacked him from behind, pinning him down, clawing into his back. The  wolf cried out in pain, getting out of his grasp. I pinned the wolf back down, wrapping my jaws around his neck, breaking it. He let out a dying out wince as everything started to fall silent.

I got off of the now dead mutt and looked at adrian. he started to walk as I followed. We headed back home as the sun started to rise.

I told you, he was weak.

Like I said, you're weak too but the blood the courses through your body keeps you strong.

We arrived back to the outskirts of the woods around the house. I tried to shift back, but couldn't.

I-I can't shift back..

Neither can I..

No, no, there's no way it's the curse.

Logan, that's just a fairy tale.

Then why can't we shift back, my good beta?

Force ourselves to shift back. Do it the old fashioned way.

That's too much energy for the both of us to handle. That can potentially paralyze us.

So we're gonna stay as wolves forever?

Until we figure something out.

-

It's been four hours, got any other good ideas, oh high and mighty alpha?

I growled at him, How about me ripping your throat out?

He laughed inside my head, I'm the only other good werewolf to follow your command besides Parker.

I got up and attacked him. He growled, throwing me off. We slowly paced around each other, then I pinned him down, baring my canines.

Give up?

I guess so. God. I didn't know how boring it is to be stuck as a wolf.

Our human bodies are gonna be on a toll with the pain.

Least, Tyler can help you with your pain.

Not really, but worth a try. Parker can help you.

Parker and me? Why-

You two make a good team. neither of you found your mate, so I think she'd help you.

Okay sure.

"Logan? Adrian?" Tyler called out. We got to our feet and came out of the woods. He ran over to me and hugged my neck, "You had me and the pack worried. Both their alpha and beta go missing for six hours."