Chapter 16

christmas day

"Daddy! Daddy get up! It's Christmas!" Lexi cheered, coming to the side of the bed. Luckily, we didn't do much last night, but our shirts and jeans were thrown here and there. I turned towards Tyler, rewrapping my arms around his waist. "I don't think they're awake yet, sweetie," Megan spoke softly, picking her up. "They've both had busy weeks, let's let them rest." She huffed and nodded. They quietly walked out of the room, shutting the door.

He turned towards me, buring his face into my chest. "Merry Christmas." He mumbled. "Merry Christmas." I mumbled back. He looked up at me, kissing my jaw. I smiled a little, opening my eyes. He kissed my nose, "Wanna sleep some more?" I nodded and held my arms out. He laid back down in my arms, snuggling into my chest. I wrapped my arms around him, closing my eyes.

-

"Boys? Can you please wake up as much as I don't want to disturb you two, Lexi is growing really impatient." She whispered. Tyler nodded slowly as she left the room again. "Baby, wake up." He whispered, kissing my ear. I groaned into his neck, slowly starting to wake up. "What time is it?" I rasped out. "Eight or nine." He whispered. I yawned, stretching my arms over my head. We both got out of bed, putting on our matching pajamas that we bought, then heading downstairs.

All the kids were waiting impatiently to open their gifts, while we cuddled up against one another on the couch. We snuck in small kisses here and there when no one was watching, giggling softly at one another.

"This one's for you, Daddy." Lexi handed me my gift. "And this one is for you, Daddy." She handed Tyler his gift. I opened my gift, lifting up a picture frame with me, Lexi, and Tyler on her birthday. "Thank you, princess." I smiled. Tyler opened his gift, pulling out one of my hoodies. "Hey, that's my favorite hoodie." I whined. "Well, it's mine now." He smiled. I dramatically sighed, "Oh, the agony." He laughed and ran his fingers through my hair.

^^^(Logan's gift)

^^^
(Logan's gift)

After a while, it was finally the adults turn, while the kids all played outside. (adults aka me, Tyler, Kyle, Tyler's parents.) Kyle opened his gifts getting a new phone, earbuds, a new hoodie, and a small plastic dick. "Hm, I wonder which one is from Logan." He rolled his eyes. "Be grateful about it. I actually found one that was smaller than yours." I responded. He only sent me a death glare. I smiled innocently at him, making him shake his head. After, he went upstairs into his room.

Both parents opened their gifts getting a new pair of wedding rings and a cookbook. "Tyler, Logan, you shouldn't have." Megan spoke. "We knew that your rings were getting old, so we said why not." Tyler smiled. "Thank you, boys." Elijah nodded.

I opened my gifts getting a hoodie, shirts, and a bracelet. Tyler kissed my cheek, "Since, I couldn't get you what I actually wanted to get you. I found this got it customized. I smiled, "Thank you, baby." He nodded, kissing my hand.