Chapter 10

I woke up, uneasily, feeling pain in my side. I sat up, looking out the window. "Baby..? What's wrong..?" Tyler asked, tiredly. "Something's not right." I whispered. "You're just overthinking things. Just go back to sleep." He acknowledged in a whisper. A shrill scream, rang through my ears. I got out of bed and went outside, heading into the woods. I sniffed the air, trying to pick up a scent. "Lexi." I muttered. I shifted into my wolf form, bolting towards her direction. I stopped running and howled as I got into the radius of where she was.

I shifted back into my human form, walking up behind the crying girl. I laid down behind her, looking up at the stars, "These stars remind of a pretty girl, like you." She gasped, hearing my voice. "Daddy!!" she giggled, hugging my neck. I chuckled softly, rubbing her back. "You had me worried, little one." I whispered. "Daddy, daddy, there was a big scary man chasing me. That's why I ran.." She mumbled into my neck. "Did he have another guy with him with black hair wearing a leather jacket?" I asked. She nodded into my neck and hugged it tighter. I sat up and held the girl as I listened for movement.

"There you are." Tyler spoke softly.
"I told you." I whispered, pecking his lips. He nodded in defeat and took Lexi out of my arms. She started to cry when she realized that she wasn't in my grasp. "It's okay, munchkin. I'm here still," I whispered, kissing her forehead. "You have to stay with your other daddy for a little while, okay?"
"But-but I want you daddy!" She cried. I shushed her and whispered softly into her ear. She slowly started to grow tired, eventually falling asleep in Tyler's arms. "You have to get out of here. It's not safe." I spoke, looking at him. "I'm not leaving you." He responded. I kissed him softly then pulled away, "I'll be okay. Just go home. I want you and Lexi safe." He nodded, kissing my cheek, "I love you." I blushed lightly, pulling him to me by his waist, "I love you too." He kissed my jaw, then headed back to the house.

"Aw, the party was just getting started." Blake whined as he came out of the woods. "What do you want?" I growled.
"The girl, of course."
"You can't have her."
"Oh? Getting a little protective over your project, are you? Mrs. Clyde is gonna have a ball with you, when she finds out that you didn't want to give the little devil back."
"You can't have my child, Blake."
"We'll see about that."
He lunged into me, causing me to shift under him. I threw him off and snarled at him. He paced back and forth, glaring at me. "Logan!" Tyler screamed out in the distance. I flattened my ears, howling into the moonlight. I sprinted off towards his direction.

I headed up to the ledge, that towered over the woods, searching for them. "It's okay, princess, it's okay." Tyler reassured the little girl. I jumped down in front of them, pacing back and forth. "Oh, the whole family is here. well, except Aliana." Blake smirked. I growled at the name and glared at him. "Does someone not like it when I mention her?" He teased. I lunged into him, pinning him down. He stabbed me in my leg, making me falter off of him. Multiple howls echoed around us as the wolves came out from the woods. Adrian eyed me, then attacked the boy.

I limped over to Tyler and sat next to him. "You're bleeding." He whispered. I nosed his cheek. Lexi placed her hand on my snout and smiled. I got up, once I saw Luke holding up a gun, directed at Lexi. I stood in front of them, once he shot the gun over and over. "Damn you!" He snapped. I winced in pain as the bullets interfered my body. "Daddy! I want daddy!" Lexi cried. "He'll be here, princess." Tyler whispered. I got up and looked at him. He smirked, "What are you gonna do? Alpha?" I bristled and lunged into him.

Logan! Stop!

Don't tell me what and what not to do. I'm trying to keep my child safe.

Y-your child? You imprinted on your project?!

She is my child, Adrian. Aliana had her before she passed.

That's why your face lit up at the adoption center.. and why you've been so happy..

I found my kid after 6 years. I thought I lost her forever.

Well you didn't, Alpha, Aliana would've been proud.

She would've and she'd understand.

Exactly right.

Luke jammed his fists into my snout as I pinned him down. He shifted under me, kicking me off of him. I paced around him and pinned him down again. He squirmed under my weight and growled. Adrian came around the wolf, eyeing him. The wolf kept a low growl as Adrian went behind him, wrapping his jaws around his neck, breaking it. The wolf's growl died out as everything went limp.

I jumped off of the wolf and looked at Tyler. My vision started to get blurry as blood continued to run down my legs. "You killed him." He smiled. His voice became faint as my vision started to turn into a black darkness.

"Is he going to be okay?"
"He's going to be just fine, Tyler."
He sighed, "Okay."
"You have nothing to worry about."
"He could die, you know. He did get shot three times and stabbed with an intoxicated knife."
The doctor slammed his fists on the table, "He's not going to die, Tyler!"
"Everything alright?" Adrian asked.
Tyler shook his head, clinging onto Adrian, "I just want him back, Adrian. I just want him back to his regular werewolf self and not have needles and tubes stuck in him." He rubbed his back, looking over at me, noticing that I was listening.

Tyler let go and grabbed my hand, bringing it up to his cheek. He hummed softly as my warmth transferred over to his cold cheek. "You can lay next to me." I mumbled out. He took off his shirt, laying next to me, "Are you okay?" I slowly shook my head, "Most of the poison is out, but it's hard to breathe." He kissed my head and ran his fingers through my hair. I watched the tube that was lodged in my arm, slowly drip out more of the poison. It's not that bad. I hummed softly as I watched it drip out into the tube.

The door slowly opened, "How do you feel?" Adrian came up beside me and Tyler. "Really shitty and sluggish." I looked at him, tiredly. "I can take care of the pack. Do you want Parker to take care of Lexi so the two of you can have some alone time?" He asked, worried. I nodded, "Please. Ask Parker to do her best to keep her quiet or asleep.. my hearing's already sensitive as it is." He nodded, closing the door as he walked out. Tyler turned into me, cuddling into my chest. "Did you know that I was thrown out of my role as alpha?" I asked. "How do you get thrown out-"

The door bursted open, revealing a pissed off Damien, "You killed him! How could you, Logan?! You killed my brother!" I winced as my ears started to ring. Tyler rubbed my temples slowly. "He was going to kill my child," I growled. "He turned against me, you, the pack, just for Blake. Now, he's dead. It was the right thing to do."
"And him? He had something to do with all of this, as well."
"Tyler was protecting her, while Blake and Luke were trying to kill her."
The younger wolf stayed silent as I sat up, "You see these bullet hole wounds? That was your brother."
He growled, "You're lying!" I let out a threatening growl, glaring at him. He came over to us, keeping his eyes on me. Tyler sat up in my lap, watching the two of us. Damien growled, attempting to wrap his hand around my throat. Tyler grabbed his wrist, hissing at him, "A wolf in the pack is to never attack or disagree with their alpha." Parker came into the room, pulling the boy back, "What did I say about bothering the alpha?" He growled in defeat, walking out of the room with her following him.

Tyler pecked my lips, taking my hand and placing it on his cheek. He sighed in relief, relaxing himself, "I didn't mean to get worked up like that, but he pissed me off." I nodded, taking his other hand, intertwining our fingers, "That's what good alphas and alpha's. mates do." He smiled, kissing me softly. I kissed back softly, placing a pair of our hands on his waist.

Maybe us kissing will ease your pain.

Maybe it will, baby, maybe it will.