Ten

3rd person POV:

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Rebekah scolded her brother.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!" Klaus said smirking.

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven," Rebekah responded, rolling her eyes.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is," Hayley said, joining them in the foyer.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Klaus said sarcastically. Rebekah takes a pencil from the desk beside her and throws it in Klaus' direction. Klaus catches it easily before it can embed itself in his face.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" Hayley reminded the hybrid. 

"In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus points out. 

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley asked impatiently.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly--" He turns to Rebekah and gestures for her to speak "-- Sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back," Rebekah said nonchalantly.

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asks incredulously.

"Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical," Rebekah said giving Klaus a look. 

"And that's only the Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B," Klaus said smiling deviously.

"And what's Plan B?" Hayley asked almost nervously.

"War."

***

In the compound, Marcel is being fitted for a suit by a tailor while Thierry, who is sitting nearby, talks to him

"Damn, I do look good in a suit," Marcel said, admiring himself in a mirror. 

Thierry chuckles, then turns back to the television, where photos of Tina McGreevy and Joshua Rosza, the tourists that Klaus killed after they had ingested vampire blood at Marcel's party, flash on the screen

"My guy at the docks is gonna come forward as an eyewitness, say he saw those two drunkenly fall into the Mississippi. They'll be dredging for weeks. No one will come looking around here," Thierry reassures Marcel. 

"That's good, considering one's dead in a dumpster behind the county morgue, and the other one is a vampire now. Anything else?" Marcel asked. The tailor accidentally pricks her finger on a pin as she hems Marcel's pants

"Ow!" The tailor cries.

"Allow me, darling," Marcel says. Marcel kneels down and reaches for her hand before gently sucking the drop of blood off her finger. Thierry, looking anxious, begins to speak.