Thirty One

3rd person POV:

A few hours later, Amelia was pacing the courtyard trying to think of a solution when Klaus and Elijah walked in mid discussion. 

"We sedated her too heavily," Elijah said. 

"Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise. We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime," Klaus said. 

"No way! You're not touching her!" Marcel said, as he came out of Davina's room on the floor above. He leapt over the railing and landed, before punching Klaus in the face. Amelia raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. Marcel went to throw another, but Elijah put a hand on his chest to stop him. 

"Okay, I'll let you have that one," Klaus said, as he rubbed his face.

"Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I, but there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die," Elijah said. 

"According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here," Marcel said angrily.

"The Harvest was working before it was stopped. If a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also, am a believer," Elijah said. Marcel moved around Elijah and came face to face with Klaus. Elijah then moved over to Amelia's side and she gave him a small smile. 

"I saved Davina from the Harvest, and now you want me to just hand her over?" Marcel asked.

"Do you think that I'm happy about this? If the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them. The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire," Klaus reminded him.

"Oh! Now you care about the city," Marcel spat.

"We ought to. We built it," Elijah commented. Amelia gave him a look, letting him know that he was not helping the situation.

"And we all saw it burnt to the ground twice. I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?" Klaus asked. 

"Yeah, yeah," Marcel said, and then he stormed off.

"Not a people person, are you, Niklaus?" Elijah asked. 

"Nonsense. I love people. Just on my way to warn a couple of prominent ones in case the weather gets out of hand. If you fancy yourself as plus diplomatique, perhaps you'd like to come along," Klaus said. He reached over and pulled Amelia closer to him, kissing her on the forehead. 

"No. Soon Sophie Deveraux shall be consecrating Celeste's remains, and though her actions are reprehensible, still I should pay my respects," Elijah said. They begin to walk out, but Amelia stayed where she was, unsure of what she should do in the situation. Hayley hesitantly made her way out, and looked directly at Elijah. 

"Hey. Do you have a minute?" Hayley asked him. Amelia was surprised when Elijah breezed by her without a glance. 

"Just on my way out," Elijah said coldly. Amelia frowned at the two, but kept her mouth shut. She would ask Hayley about it later. 

"Which one of us is the people person again?" Klaus asked, as Elijah turned to walk off. When his brother didn't respond, he turned back to Amelia, who was still standing with her arms crossed. Her nose was scrunched in thought, and Klaus smiled at her. "Are you coming darling?" She looked up, and then made her way over to him.