Nineteen

3rd person POV:

Elijah, and Klaus were sitting across from each other in the living room, reading when Amelia came into the room. She raised an eyebrow at the scene but said nothing. She walked into  the kitchen to see Rebekah preparing a piece of toast. 

"What's up with your brothers?" Amelia asked, as she took a bite out of a muffin, that she had grabbed. 

"What do you mean?" Rebekah asked. 

"They're just sitting in the living room, acting like best friends," Amelia said. "Go see for yourself." Rebekah rolled her eyes, and walked into the living room to see the scene. 

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family? Vampire book club?" Rebekah asked. 

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Klaus said, continuing to read his book. Amelia made her way back into the room and rolled her eyes at his comment. 

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus," Elijah said, he as well still skimming his book. 

"And what's this business?" Amelia asked, gesturing to the dead girl laying on the coffee table. She scrunched her nose when she saw the blood dripping onto the carpet.

"This is a... peace offering," Elijah said. 

"I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish," Klaus said innocently.

"And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth," Elijah replied critically. He then gestures to the girl on the table. "Not this nonsense."

"Well, I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" Klaus asked, grinning. Amelia rolled her eyes. It was moments like that one that made her grateful she had masked herself. 

" Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet," Rebekah grumbled, walking away. Elijah looks up from his book to see the girl bleeding out onto the table, where the blood drips onto the floor.

"Ah yes," Elijah observed. Hayley walks through the room with a hand on her large stomach, giving Amelia a warm smile, which the masked Original gladly returned. She watched as Elijah got up and followed after her, but decided against following them. 

"Poetry about poisoned apples from dead trees. Looks like someone's worried about impending daddy-hood," Amelia said, helping Rebekah clean the stain out of the carpet. 

"Nonsense. Elijah's back. In his presence, all problems turn to pixie-dust and float away!" Klaus said, sarcastically. 

"Amelia side-eyes him, smirking to which Klaus grins. Elijah then comes into the room. 

"Strange, I don't recall any pixie-dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure," Elijah said innocently. Rebekah and Amelia shared a glance. 

"Boys," Rebekah mouthed. Amelia grinned and nodded her head. Elijah opens Esther's grimoire and flips through it. 

"What are you doing with mother's spellbook?" Rebekah asked. 

"Well, in exchange for my freedom, I promised the witch Davina that I would share a few pages from Mother's grimoire to help her learn to control her magic. I thought we'd begin with a little un-linking spell," Elijah said. Amelia's eyes widened. 

"Wait, you want to use her to un-link Hayley from Sophie Deveraux?" Amelia asked. 

"Sophie brought us here under false pretenses! She doesn't just want us to take down Marcel and his minions, she wants to take Davina back. So, she yolked her own cause to ours with magic threats and half-truths! Well, no more. As of now, our deal with Sophie Deveraux is null and void," Elijah said. Amelia smiled, she could see how much Elijah cared for her friend and it made her happy knowing that there would always be another person to protect her if she couldn't be there. 

"Niklaus, I need you to come with me. I need five minutes alone with Davina. You need to make certain that I am not interrupted," He points to Rebekah, and Amelia and thinks for a moment before giving his order. "You two stay here and watch Hayley." He turns and leaves the house. 

"How did I get elected super-nanny?" Rebekah asked. Amelia just rolled her eyes, something she found herself doing more and more often, now that she spent the majority of her time with the Mikaelsons.

"More importantly, who put him in charge?" Klaus asked. Klaus reluctantly follows Elijah out of the house.

I knooooow. I didn't update on time and then I gave you a fairly short, boring chapter. I'm sorry :( BUT there is a lot of stuff happening soon and I'm excited for you to read. Maybe I'll update twice today to make up for this chapter. Who knows 🤷‍♀️