Fourteen

3rd person POV:

Amelia found herself, sitting in a corner booth at Rousseau's once again. It had become a common place where she would hang out. She wore black jeans, a black, t-shirt, and a grey jacket. On her feet were her black heeled boots, and she had yet to take off her golden pendent. Her naturally straight hair, was falling down her back. She looked at the glass of bourbon in front of her, thinking about what she was doing. Why was she in New Orleans. Obviously for Hayley, but now that Hayley was safe shouldn't she leave. Amelia knew, if she stayed, it was only a matter of time before Klaus discovered her true identity. She looked up when the door opened. She rolls her eyes, when she sees the source of her problem stroll through the door. Amelia's eyes wander to Cami who was working behind the bar. Amelia went back to staring at her drink but she listened in, to their conversation. 

"Hello, Cami,"Klaus greets. He looks over to see Amelia sitting in the corner, staring intently at her drink. Cami smiles back before her compulsion suddenly kicks in, and she frowns in confusion as she remembers everything she was compelled to forget.

"How is it that when you come up to me now, and no one else is around, I suddenly remember that you just told me you're a vampire, and you're mind-controlling me? And then you leave, and then I go back to thinking you're just some hot guy with a cute accent and money to burn on your sprawling memoir?" Cami asks exasperated. Amelia rolled her eyes at the blonde. Amused, Klaus leans in.

"Well, that's how compulsion works, love," the hybrid answers in a low voice. 

"Yeah, but what's happening? Is it hypnosis? Are my neurons being shut down somehow?" Cami asked. It took a great deal of self control to keep Amelia from laughing at the bartender's useless questions. 

"You're always the curious scholar. Let's talk about Marcel," Klaus offers. He gestures to the bar, where the two sit together. "You said you have a little information for me."

"He's bringing someone to the music festival tonight. A girl he's mentoring. Apparently she's going through a hard time. Rebelling against authority, anger issues, that sort of thing. I guess with my psych degree, he figured I could set her straight, but I said no," Cami informed him. Amelia perked up at this information. Davina Claire was going to be at the festival. She downed her drink, and set the glass back on the table. 

"I'm going to go ahead and insist that you change your answer to 'Yes.' " Klaus tells her. Amelia, having received all the information she needed, stood up and made her way out of Rousseau's. Klaus took note of her sudden departure, and mentally made a note about it. Another, suspicious thing about Amelia Moretti. Cami stares at Klaus for a moment and frowns.

"You're going to force me to do this, aren't you? Why even bother with politeness?" the blonde asks. 

"Because I like you. I like the way your mind works. Under different circumstances, I think we might be friends. However, I don't have the luxury of passing up tonight's opportunity. You see, in addition to being Marcel's rather potent secret weapon, this girl, Davina, is holding my brother captive. In other words--" Klaus begins to compel Cami. "-- the girl needs your help. Call Marcel. Tell him you'd be happy to oblige."

***

When Amelia walks into the Mikaelson Mansion, she is surprised to see Agnes sitting on a couch talking to Hayley. She was even more surprised to see Rebekah sitting at the coffee table, typing on a laptop.

"I told you Agnes, I feel great!" Hayley insists. Amelia cocked an eyebrow as she poured herself a glass of bourbon, taking a large sip. 

"You are overdue for a checkup," Agnes informed her. Amelia almost spit out her drink. A check up? Seriously? Why would Agnes care?