Eleven

3rd person POV:

It's later in the day, and Hayley eavesdrops on Sophie, Rebekah, Amelia, and Klaus from the hallway as they talk behind a closed door in the study

"Are you out of your mind? No way," Sophie refuses.

"It's very simple-- We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother," Rebekah said simply.

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get killed," Sophie said scoffing.

"Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal--Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic..." Amelia begins.

"Girl about yea high, cute as a button, anger issues?" Rebekah describes. Sophie looks shocked when she realizes who they're talking about.

"Davina? Where have you seen her?" 

"We don't know. The little brat erased our memories right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah told her. "I'm not sure what she did with Amelia."

"Marcel just let me leave," Amelia said shrugging. All three of them looked at her in confusion but quickly went back to the problem at hand. 

"Let me cut to the chase. Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic," Klaus explained.

"Davina would sense it," Sophie protested. Amelia scoffed.

"Duh," Amelia mumbled. Klaus smirked at her comment.

"Unless, of course, another witch—- say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example—- was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina." Rebekah said, shooting a glare at Amelia. The masked girl just shrugged. 

"Katie doesn't deserve to die." Sophie insisted. Klaus angrily slams his hands on the table and stands up to face her.

"Sophie Deveraux! You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic-- who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" Klaus reasoned.

"...She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." Sophie said. There was a look of realization that flashed across her face and the three Originals in front of her smiled, knowing that they got what they wanted.

"And who, pray tell-- of Marcel's valued inner circle-- manages his business at the docks?" Amelia inquired.

"Katie's boyfriend, Thierry," Sophie said sighing

***

Amelia was the first out of the door and she went straight to Hayley's room. 

"I know you heard all of that. Amelia told her werewolf friend. "What do you think?" 

"I think that we are very close to getting what we want. I also think that everything is coming together a little to well. I feel like something bad is going to happen," Hayley answered. Amelia was quick to knock twice on Hayley's wooden headboard. When Hayley rose an eyebrow at her she just shrugged.

"No point in risking it," Amelia said.  Hayley just rolls her eyes and nods at her friends antics. 

"Are you excited for the gala tonight?" Hayley asked.