Thirty Three

3rd person POV:

Amelia had been having a nice girls day with Hayley when Klaus appeared in the doorway to her room. 

"Love, we have a problem. Could you come with us?" Klaus asked. 

"Do I have to?" Amelia asked. 

"I mean no, but I want you to come," Klaus said. Amelia rolled her eyes and looked over to Hayley who had a smug smirk on her face. 

"What?" She asked. 

"Nothing. Go on," Hayley said. Amelia raised an eyebrow at her. "Seriously Lia. I wanted to take a nap anyways. Go on."

"Whatever," Amelia said. She stood up from her chair, and walked over to Klaus, linking her arm through his. "So what's the matter?"

***

Thunder rumbled overhead as Diego lead Amelia, Marcel and Klaus to the Cauldron to show them what he found. Amelia's eyes widened when she saw the problem. There were two vampires, both desiccated, and both with the same magical symbol carved into their forehands. Their bodies lay inside a magic circle created with salt, with runes drawn inside.

"Oh my god," Amelia said. She approached the circle of salt and was surprised by the amount of magical energy radiating from it. 

"We came to mess with the witches, just like you said. And these two, they went missing. Found them like this, not even staked. Just dead," Diego said.

"That's two more of my guys gone. Nice job, Captain," Marcel said to Klaus. Amelia rolled her eyes, ran her hand over the salt, but snatched it back quickly when a searing pain shot through her arm.

"Where are you going? Someone has to account for this!" Klaus yelled. He had seen Amelia'd reaction to the sand, and decided to ask her about it later. Amelia turned around to see Marcel walking off with his hood up

"You want revenge, get it yourself. That mark is tied to some bad mojo," Marcel said. He turned to the rest of the vampires. "Any of y'all got any brains, you'll head back to the compound and stay the hell out of this."

"We're gonna find whoever did this, and I will show them what suffering is," Klaus told Diego. Amelia walked over to him and squeezed his hand before walking ahead of him to get back to the compound. 

***

"Ah! Someone will die for this," Klaus said. Amelia was congregated in the courtyard with Klaus, Elijah, Diego, and numerous other vampires as she discussed the problem at hand.

"Remarkably, I don't disagree. However, I would like to know where they learned such dark magic," Elijah said. 

"I had hoped never to see that symbol again. I recall it is the signature of a fool who once stood against us," Klaus said. 

"Clearly, some upstart witch is salvaging old tricks," Elijah commented. 

"I'll do for him as I did the other,"Klaus said. He turns to Diego. "Diego, when night falls, I want you to gather every vampire in the Quarter. Get me the head of whoever did this and put it on a stick."

"Yeah. That's gonna be a problem. Everyone is freaked out, man. We haven't had witches killing vampires in a long time. Marcel made sure of that," Diego said. 

"Marcel has run off like a scared child. You lot are left with me. Now, who of you will fight to defend our home?" He looks around to see that no one comes forward. "Not a single one of you will stand with me, so afraid are you of this new threat? You should know better. I'll handle this myself." Amelia shared an exasperated look with Elijah and then rolled her eyes when Klaus stormed away.