Three

I woke up to sunlight gleaming in my room directly falling on my face. I shuffled a bit on my bed. It really smells like someone. More like Tae-

Oh my god, Taehyung?!

I quickly got up and looked around. Luckily, he wasn't in my room and I sighed in relief.

I was about to get out of my bed when i saw something on the table beside my bed. It was paper. I unfolded it and rolled my eyes once i saw what was written on it.

Day 2.

As if I don't know and remember.

But I do know what to do today. But first, lemme just try and see if he comes when I call him.

But wait, do I have to like- call him out loud or just think about him in my mind? I don't know so I might as well just do both the things.

"Taehyung?" I said, loud for a whisper. I waited for few seconds. Nothing happened. I closed my eyes and started thinking about him.

"Stop it. I'm here." A voice called out from the corner of the room and I was a little surprised it was this quick.

"What happened? Or what do you want?" He asked folding his arms as he narrowed his eyes. Let's piss him off~

"Nothing. Just trying to see if you really come." I said giving him a sheepish smile. He groaned.

"Are you kidding me?! I was about to take that person's soul and now I couldn't and it's your stupid fault for calling me out for nothing." He gritted his teeth. Hey, that's a little bit too harsh. But it's not my fault I couldn't trust him.

No, I guess it is. I would have been angry too if I was in his place.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled out loud enough for him to hear. And with that, just in seconds, he was gone. I felt bad. Like really bad. Should I do something to make it up to him?

I guess yes, let's see then.

-

It was chilly right now. Winters were not that far in Seoul now but a sweater was a must. At least for me. I hugged myself as I walked on the bridge on han river. It was mostly...empty actually. Only a few people going around here.

This was the place.

This was the last place, as far as i remember, i spent with my parents. Yes, they died. They died of a car accident. And i was lucky, that's what they believe, to survive. Alone. Alone in this world. And now i think my time has come. After 13 days from now, my soul will be gone. I'll be gone.

I suddenly felt a warm hand grasp mine. I gasped at the sudden action and turned around to look at the person. For some reason, i wasn't surprised when I saw Taehyung. He was looking directly in front of us, at the river. Um what if he was also the one who took my parents' soul...?

"Hey...I'm sorry about earlier. I was just...a little stressed." Taehyung called out to me softly. He turned around to face me and gave me a soft smile.

Wait, was I falling for him? But it should be the other way around. Right, that's impossible. Get your shit together y/n...this might be a trap or something? Who knows.

For a few minutes we just stayed silent. No one spoke a word. That also reminds me that we didn't even leave each other's hands.

"It's okay. It was my fault anyway." I said and heard him chuckle.

"I know. But don't do that again for no reason." He said and I puffed my cheeks. Since the stubborn kid I am, I know I'll be doing that again sometime.

"No, you dare. And it's late so let's go." Taehyung said as he started dragging me with our hands clasped. I don't know if he felt it or not, but I felt it.

Something strange.

A really strange feeling.

I don't know what this is, but I hope it's not what I'm thinking about.

I'll just let this slide.

-