Chapter 9

The next day at school, everyone was being all nice and asking how I was feeling and stuff

The next day at school, everyone was being all nice and asking how I was feeling and stuff. I hated it. I don't like unnecessary attention. If I didn't purposefully create the attention, don't talk to me. Anyways, Carter and I were in the tech lab when I noticed Peter had some weird looking tech. He started hitting it and it made a sound that reminded me of someone getting stuck in a sander. "Hey, can you ask Peter if he has today's math notes? I would ask you for them, but you take them." I nodded and walked over to Peter and Ned. "Whatcha doing?" They turned around and started rambling. "Well- uh- you see. Uh- it's just- uh-" I cut them off. "Guy's, I'm kidding. I honestly don't care what you're doing. I'm just here to ask Peter if he has today's math notes. That's all." Ned looked relieved and Peter pulled the notes out of his bag. "Uh, here." I took them and nodded. "Thanks." I went back to my workstation and realized where I'd seen the tech Peter and Ned had. It was from the truck I saw last night that Spiderman got taken from. But how did the two of them get a hold of it?

After school, I climbed out onto the fire escape to think about a way to stop the vulture guy. I put my head in my hands and sighed. I heard a bang and looked over to see Spiderman once again on my fire escape. "Is this going to be an everyday thing now?" He chuckled and sat down next to me. "I just came by to see how you're doing today." I nodded. "I'm doing alright. I went back to school today. Everyone kept asking me if I was ok, which I found very nice because I'm still new there but dang, the school kept asking me. And that's a lot of people. But a guy, well, actually, he might be my friend. I'm not sure. I come off as a real pain so he might not consider me as a friend, but I do. Anyways, he kept asking me if I was ok and said if I needed anything then he could get it. Which was really sweet, but he's trying to get with this girl and it might have sent her the wrong message." He sighed. "Did you tell him that?" I shook my head. "Well, maybe he didn't know he was acting like that." I looked at him confused.

"Maybe he cares about you. Maybe he's lost someone too. A lot of people lose family, Parker. Maybe he feels like he has to protect you." I looked down. "Yeah, maybe." Then I looked up at him. "How do you know my name?" He froze. "Uh, your cousin said it at Delmar's." He stood up. "Hey, I gotta go protect the city and stuff. Maybe we can talk again?" I nodded. "Cool. see you around Parker." I smiled. "See you around, Spiderman." I went back inside and sat down on my bed. I knew that voice. It's so familiar. But where? "Hey, Carter?" Her head popped into my room. "Did you say my name near Spiderman? Like at all?" She shook her head and I sighed. I pulled my math homework out of my bag and there sat Peter Parker's math notes for Carter. I looked them over and noticed a spider drawn on the side. And not any spider, the Spiderman logo. Then I put the two together.

Peter Parker is Spiderman.

I laid down on my bed and looked at the ceiling. Peter Parker is Spiderman. That's how he knew my name and that's how he got the tech. God, I'm so stupid. And now I have to babysit him, Extreme stupidity has been reached. "Parker! Get your suit on. Something just exploded." I got up and put my suit on. "Where is it?" She popped her head in. "3 blocks from Midtown." I nodded and climbed out onto the fire escape. "Be careful. I don't want to call Happy, he never answers." I nodded and flew off. I got to the place and saw what exploded, a whole office building. Who blows up an office building? I flew and started looking for survivors. I found ten people and got them outside to the medics. I was about to fly off when I saw Spiderman swing in and land near the ambulance. The eyes on his suit went when he saw me because I was covered in flames. I smirked and saluted at him. When I flew off, I left him there shocked and confused.