Chapter 7

August 15, 2007

August 15, 2007

"Daddy, are we almost there?" I not so patiently asked in the back of the car. My dad and I were on the way to see my new baby brother at the hospital. "Yes, we're almost there." I sighed and continued to look out the window. After 10 minutes of me annoying my father and looking out of the window, we finally arrived at the hospital. "Come on dad, I wanna see the baby." He laughed and scooped me up in his arms. "Calm down there Flames, you'll get to see him." After what seemed like a gazillion hallways, we finally arrived at my mama's room. My dad set me down and I ran over to her bed. "Is that him? Is that Charlie?" She nodded and I crawled on the bed to get a better view of the baby. "Woah, he has no hair." My parents laughed and the baby started to cry. After watching mama change his diaper, which smelled bad by the way, I was able to hold him. "Hi Charlie, I'm Parker, your amazing big sister. I'm going to watch over you and take care of you, except for the changing you part. I don't want to do that, you smell bad." My parents laughed and I gave them back my brother. "You know sweetie, you're going-" My mama was cut off by the building exploding.

I got thrown from the chair I was sitting in and I hit the door on the side of the room. I quickly got up and ran towards my mama's bed but got cut short when a flaming beam fell in front of me. I yelped and jumped back, just missing another beam. I turned around and ran towards the door. I grabbed the door handle but quickly pulled back when it burned my hand. I looked down at my palm and saw the burn mark, making me cry some more. I looked around frantically. "Come on Parker, think! Think!" More beams fell and trapped me in my spot causing me to make what I thought, still think to this day, was the dumbest decision of my life. I grabbed the door handle again and opened it. I ran down the hallway, trying to find anyone else that survived. While I was running, a beam fell and made the floor I was standing on to break, sending me five floors down.

When I landed, I looked and found a device that was sitting on the ground next to me. I picked it up and flipped it over to see a red octopus on the bottom. I turned it back over and got cut by one of the spikes on it. My whole arm started to burn and my veins turned black. I heard yelling above me and I looked up to see men with black outfits coming down towards me. They pulled me out of the building and handed me to the paramedics. Everything else after that was a blur. All I can remember is moving from Virginia to New York to live with my aunt, uncle and cousin. And that I was the only survivor. I lost my family. All because of Hydra. It's all Hydra's fault. It always is their fault.