Chapter 16

I walked out of my room to see Carter in her lavender lace and satin dress

I walked out of my room to see Carter in her lavender lace and satin dress. "Oooo, look at you!" She laughed and did a twirl. "I mean, look at you. You look way better." I looked down to see my black and red ombre dress and did a little curtsy. "Whatever, come on. I wanna go." She laughed and we went outside to wait for Ned. When he finally showed up, we made our way to the school. We entered the building and were greeted by Michelle flipping us off. "Thanks for the very nice welcoming, Michelle." She gave me a sarcastic smile and walked away. A few minutes after we arrived, Liz walked in with a group of friends but with no sign of Peter. "Shit." I looked around to see if he already showed up but he wasn't in the gym. "This was your chance, Peter. Don't tell you messed this up. Not now." I was about to take out my phone to text him when Carter hit my arm. "Hey, you and his aunt did a good job making sure Peter looked good for this."

I looked up and saw Peter looking at us with concern in his eyes. He walked over Liz and said something, causing her to look confused. He ran out of the gym and I groaned. "Damnit, Peter." I ran after him and he turned the corner. I turned the corner and saw him lift up a group of lockers to grab what looked like an old Spiderman suit. "Peter, what's going on?" He mumbled something and started to take off his jacket. "Peter, what are you saying?" He threw his jacket on the ground and started to unbutton his shirt, causing me to turn around. "Liz's dad is the Vulture. He's our guy. He-he knows I'm Spiderman but I don't know if he knows who you are because he didn't say anything." He turned me around and he was in the suit. "So what's the plan? What are we gonna do?" He shook his head. "WE aren't going to do anything. I'm going to go after him. You're going to stay here and enjoy homecoming." I crossed my arms. "Yeah, there's no way I'm going to stay here while you go after him alone."

"Yes, you are staying here. I can't let you get hurt. I-" I cut him off. "And I'm not going to let you go be an idiot. We made a deal: we stop this guy together. And how do you plan to stop him? Hmm? Last time you faced him alone, it didn't go well." Peter let out an exasperated sigh and grabbed my shoulders. "I'll figure something out. But you have to trust me! I know you have faith in me. You have more faith in me than anyone. You believe in me more than Mr. Stark has. You made me realize I can still be Spiderman without my suit. You made me realize Peter Parker is the real hero and I don't need the suit to save anyone. Please Parker, let me be the hero. Let Peter Parker be the hero." I looked down and slowly nodded. "Thank you, Parker. Thank you." I handed him my phone and he ran down the hallway. He stopped running and walked back to me. "If I don't come back, I want you to tell Aunt May everything. Tell her about Spiderman and the internship. Just tell her everything." My eyes went wide and I shook my head. "Don't talk like that, Peter. Don't say-" He cut me off. "Please just do that for me, Parker. Please." I groaned and looked down. "Fine! I'll tell her! But you'll come back and tell her yourself." He nodded and something sticky hit my hand. "Peter!"

"I have to make sure you stay. Have fun at homecoming!" I rolled my eyes and Peter ran around the corner. "Yeah, I'll have fun. I'll have fun helping you catch this guy." I burned the webs and ran into the gym to find Carter and Ned. "Parker!" I turned around and saw Carter walking over to me. "Where's Ned?" She looked at me confused. "Carter, where's Ned?" Before he could answer, Ned ran over to us. "Good, you guys come with me." I ran out of the gym and into the library with Ned and Carter following. "Parker, what's going on? What are you doing?" Ned sat down at one of the computers and Peter called him. "Ned, track my phone." Ned told Peter the directions to the place and I quickly looked at the phone's location. I wasn't going to stand by and let Peter get killed by Liz's dad. His little speech didn't change my mind. When no one was looking, I ran out of the library and went to my locker. I pulled out the extra suit I put in there after the Delmar's explosion and put it on. I closed my locker and ran out of the school. I pressed behind my ear and flew off to help Peter. Hopefully, this will go kind of easy.