Chapter 23

Crash! "Dude! Stop it! There's not going to be anything left

Crash! "Dude! Stop it! There's not going to be anything left." I turned around and scolded Peter. He looked down at the glass shards of the ten thousand ornament he dropped and sheepishly smiled. He swept up the glass and grabbed another ornament. "No, my mom got me that ornament. You can't put anymore up until you stop breaking them." He huffed. "It's not like I'm trying to! How about we take a break Parker?" I shook my head. "You can. I'll continue to decorate the tree." He sighed and sat down on the couch. "So what did you get May for-" I stopped when I heard a crunch. "Would you stop eating all the popcorn? It's supposed to go on the tree!" He groaned. "But I'm hungry!" I rolled my eyes. "You know where the food is. Go get it." He mumbled something under his breath and went into the kitchen. I continued to decorate the tree and the lights flickered. I walked over to the window and saw the surrounding buildings lose power one by one. "What are you-" The lights went out. "Oh, that's not good." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, no shit Sherlock."

"Well, what are we going to do now?" Peter sat down on the couch. "I don't know. Why'd it go out? It's not even storming that bad." He shrugged. "Well you could take a break now." I smiled and placed my hands on my hips. "And what exactly would we do? There's no power, remember." He looked down. "Well, uh, I got nothing." I laughed and patted his shoulder. "Well when you know, let me know." I went into my room and grabbed my backpack. "What are you- are you doing homework over Christmas break?" I nodded and sat down on the floor. "I am doing homework over Christmas break because I was in the med bay at the Avengers Compound for a week." He chuckled. "Hey, you're the one who took in all that fire instead of just calming it down. That's on you." I rolled my eyes. "It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose." He laughed and sat on the floor to help me. After a little bit, I felt myself shiver and out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Peter saw it. He placed his hand on mine and quickly removed it. "You're freezing, Parker." I shrugged. "I guess taking in and releasing large amounts of heat can throw off my body temperature." I went back to my homework but felt a tug on my sleeve.

I looked up to see Peter leaning on the edge of the couch with his arms open. "Peter." He shook his head. "No. Don't try to protest, Parker. Either you come over here or I'll bring you over here." He shot a web at my hand and tugged slightly. I looked down and laughed quietly. "Parker." I looked up. "You're freezing. Come here." I placed my notebook down and sat down next to him. He placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. "Better?" I shrugged. "A little bit." He chuckled. "You know I could just get a blanket right?" He rolled his eyes. "Stop trying to escape." I laughed and leaned against his chest. We apparently fell asleep because when I woke up, the power was back on and there was a blanket placed on us. The blanket I got Carter a few Christmas' ago. "Crap. crap, crap, crap." I removed Peter's arm from my waist and went to find her. I went into her room and saw her on her phone. I cleared my throat and she looked up at me smirking. "Why, good morning dear old cousin of mine. How was your slumber?" I rolled my eyes. "Don't try to sweet talk me, Carter. I know you did something. So start talking."

"I didn't do anything, Parker. I know how you feel about this stuff. I know how you feel about him. I didn't do anything and I won't do anything. You know that. But I do have a question." I nodded. "Why were you guys like that?" I sighed. "I got cold and he made me get all cozy with him." She looked at me confused. "How did he make you do that?" I put my head in my hands. "Web shooters." Carter started laughing and I glared at her. "Oh my god, that's great." I hit her arm. "Will you calm down? You know I didn't really have a choice. Either way it was going to happen." She calmed down and nodded. "I know, I know. I just find it funny." I rolled my eyes. "I bet you did." She got up from her bed and walked towards the door. "Come on, Let's get Peter up before May kills him."