Chapter ➳1

((Colby's P.O.V))

I walk into school, my shyness and anxiety dominating the little excitement and confidence I held secretly. I was new here at Humphrey High School, this being my first day of attendance. So I was lost.

I looked down at the map held in my hands, not providing the help I actually needed as it was a little crumpled and lazily given. I sighed lightly and folded it up before stuffing it in my back pocket. I grabbed the little sticky-note I was given and scanned the numbers that resembled my locker number: 127.

I memorized it and decided to search for my locker, seeming as my books were already placed inside for me. How thoughtful. I began walking through the hall, scanning the numbers carved into the red metal doors of each locker.

Soon finding my assigned locker, I smiled in pride and stuffed away the sticky-note. I reached for the lock and tried putting in the given code but failed miseries. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried again, finding it harder than it looked.

Letting out a small sigh of defeat, I rub my temples and try to think things through. I was lost on my first day of school with no assistance or guide, I was struggling with opening my damn locker and-

"Need some help?" A voice from behind me spoke making me jump and turn around to spot a boy, around my age, standing there with a kind smile. I chuckled nervously and nodded in embarrassment. "Please.." I whispered and he gladly walked over.

With a little jolt of the locker, he opened it up for me and sent a smile. "Thank you. You saved me from embarrassing myself any further." I blushed an he chuckled. "Don't sweat it. You new here?" He questioned and I nodded my head in confirmation,

I reached into my bag and grabbed my schedulers see what I had first. "Well, I'm Corey." He introduces and put out his hand to shake. "Colby." I smiled and shook his hand in greeting. "Hey if you need anyone to hang out with, come to me. You'll find me anywhere." He offered and I felt my heart fill with delight. Everyone's so nice here.

"Thank you, I-I appreciate it." I smiled and he nodded before beginning to walk off. "H-Hey, Corey?" I called, catching his attention and making him stop. "Do you mind h-helping with my class? I can't seem to find it." I asked and mentally facepalmed.

"Sure." He chuckled and waved me over. I smiled lightly and grabbed my books before following after him..

-
"Alright class, today we'll be-" I knocked lightly on the classroom door, unintentionally interrupting the teacher. She was quite loud if I'm being honest here. Soon, the classroom door was swung open and I was met with a confused expression.

"Who are you, young child?" She asked sweetly when I began to shift. "Colby Brock m'am. I-I'm a new student here." I replied and she tilted her head a little. She walked back to the monitor and checked for any absences before nodding lightly.

"Welcome, Colby." She smiled and let me in. "Everyone, we have a new student transferring here and I expect you to treat him fairly and with kindness." The teacher announced in stern, receiving some excited expressions.

I waved shyly, avoiding the eyes that studied me. "You may chose any empty seat you prefer, Colby." She smiled and I nodded lightly, scanning the room. There was one at the back, and I began walking over, meeting cold blue eyes of a specific blond. They intimidated me a bit.

I looked away quickly and felt an arm being placed on mine. I looked over and spotted a boy with purple dyed hair, smiling up at me. He patted the empty seat next to him and I took it gratefully.

"Hey, I'm Jake." He whispered, putting his hand out for me goofily. "Colby." I smiled and shook it before returning to the class..

What was supposed to feel like an hour, felt like seconds the moment the bell rang. Three periods had past leaving four more to go; we now had lunch. I stood up from my seat as students slowly exited the room leaving so little people.

I grabbed my notebooks and stuffed them into my bag, throwing in my pencil case as well. I zipped up my bag and slung it over my shoulders, when I felt a presence close by. "Hey." A sweet voice spoke and I looked up, meeting the kind eyes of a blue-headed girl.

"Hello." I waved, hopeful to make another friend. "My name's Katrina." She smiled sweetly and put out her hand for me. "Colby." I smiled back, just as bright and shook it. Her hands were soft.

"Come, let me introduce you to my friend group. You'll love them." She smiled and linked arms with before guiding me off.

832 words