Chapter ➳3

((Colby's P.O.V))

I walk out the school doors of Humphrey High School, my thoughts spiraling all around and my heart building up. I spotted Sam in the distance, bag strap draped loosely over his right shoulder, and leather jacket draped over his other shoulder exposing the fit figure his body holds as the shirt presses down onto his skin. Damn.

For a bully, he was quite hot. I shook the thought away and carried on walking, heading to my next destination; the park. I reached into my bag pocket and grabbed my phone, deciding to tell mom ahead of time in case she worried like many would.

To Mom❤️:

- Hey mom. I'm heading to the park
for a short while and'll be back soon ❤️

Mom❤️:
Alright dear. Be careful❤️❤️

- I will : )

Seen at 5:26 pm

I let out a soft sigh and stuffed my phone away, spotting the park close ahead. I continued walking, letting my feet take control, until I was through the park gates and heading toward a random bench.

I sat down on a random one and pulled out my notebooks, deciding to just start immediately and get it over with. The park was always so peaceful. Despite the cricket sounds in the background. This park was also really nice.

Benches were placed all around, grass coated the full ground, flowers planted at the bottom of lamp-posts. It was oh-so beautiful. Especially when it starts to get dark. I reached into my pencil case and grabbed a pen of my many few, when I heard chattering in the distance.

I looked over and spotted a couple walking their dog in deep conversation. I smiled lightly at the pureness and returned to my studies, when I suddenly heard yelling. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back over, spotting a dog trotting over to me. Their dog.

The two ran over, pants leaving their lips as they tried to grab their dog's leash. I gasped once the dog jumped onto me and began licking my face sloppily. I chuckled and pet its head as I tried to stop it. "Oh, I am truly sorry about that." The woman panted, grabbing her dog's leash.

"It's alright. I used to have one of my own." I smiled lightly, petting the dog that was pulled away. She sent a small smile, filled with sympathy and sadness, knowing what I had meant.

This topic always brought me to tears but I didn't want to cry. It just brings back bad memories. They decided to leave it at that, fortunately, and apologized for the interruption before leaving.

I smiled lightly and returned to my studies, seeming as quite some time had passed..

-
I rub my shoed feet against the mat and quietly opened the door before slipping in. "Mom, I'm home!" I called out tiredly and placed down my bag. "In the kitchen." Gabe called out and I nodded, heading there to greet my hard working mother.

"Hey mom." I greeted, kissing her cheek while she stirred the soup. It smelled great as it usually does. "Hi honey. Dinner won't be done until a few minutes so why don't you head to the living room and greet your brother?" She suggested and I nodded.

Soon, I found myself walking into the living room where my lazy brother laid, watching tv. "Hey Gage." I greeted lazily, plopping down myself. "Hey little bro. What's new?" He spoke, looking over.

I sighed and leaned back into the couch. "I just.. want to do something I probably shouldn't and may or may not regret doing it later on." I said, looking over for help. He let out a sigh and sat up straight so he was facing me.

"Go on." He pressured and I scratched my neck a little. "I want to try and befriend this specific someone but people have warned me about him and told me t stay away." I continued, not being straight forward about it.

"Little bro if you think it's the right thing to do, then do it. I have no say in this one, it's all you." He spoke softly, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I sighed lightly and nodded, taking his words to consideration.

"Thanks Gage." I whispered and hugged him with a content sigh..

721 words