Chapter ➳4

((Colby's P.O.V))

I stare into the distance, deep in thought as I be stood staring at Sam. He was standing all alone. It made me feel bad. Why? I don't know. "Colby.. Colby!" I voice called, snapping me out of my trance and breaking me free from my thoughts.

"What's up with you?" Corey questioned, raising an eyebrow. I let out a sigh, looking over at Sam. He didn't seem as bad as everyone; but then again I haven't met him. "You're thinking about him, aren't you? Colby he-" "He doesn't seem that bad Corey." I interrupted softly, now facing him.

He stared at me in shock and disbelief, letting out a scoff. "I've crossed paths with him. He's nothing but trouble and a bad influence." Corey spat, now sending glares Sam's way. "How do you know for sure, Corey? How do you know that he is what you say he is?" I blurted, catching the rest's attention.

"Again, I've crossed paths with him Colby. I've been here for years to know what he's done. You're new here and I don't expect you to understand." He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Hey, go easy on him." Devyn whispered softly as she looked up at him with an unamused frown.

I looked down a little and let out a defeated sigh. "I can't know that for sure unless I figure it out myself." I whispered, avoiding any eye contact. "Then go ahead. But don't come back to us once he's hurt your feelings or beaten you to a fucking pulp." Corey sneered before stomping away with gritted teeth.

Devyn and the rest sent me soft sighs before getting up and leaving as well. "Be careful, Colby." Jake plead, placing a hand on my shoulder. I wanted to know more about Sam. But I never wanted my friends to leave me because of it..

Was it that bad of a thing?

-
I soon found myself heading Sam's way, about to confront him for who knows what. I was nervous. And scared. But I felt attracted to him. Not in the way of liking him, but by wanting to know him, to discover the truth.

My heart beat faster by the second once his cold eyes met mine. I looked away and continued walking over until I was officially standing by him. "This is new," He hummed, making me look up at him in confusion.

"The new pipsqueak confronting the big bad wolf. How nice." He chuckled lowly making me shiver and avoid his eyes. I tried to muster something up but was too scared, when the rumors people have told me began to come back to mind . I almost believed them somehow.

"The hell do you want?" He snapped when I stood in thought, making me jump in fright. "N-Nothing, nothing. I-I.." I stuttered and he rolled his eyes. He pushed away from the school wall and began walking towards me.

Out of slight fear, I backed away, feeling my back hit the wall behind me making me squeak. He pushed me against it and placed his right hand just near my head. "What do you want, misfit?" He taunted, towering over me.

"I-I.. I just wanted to say hi!" Was this a mistake? It almost seems like it. Sam stared down at me a little and hummed before nodding lightly. "Interesting." He let out, pushing away with a taunting smirk.

Not saying another word, he walked away, leaving me in stun and with more roaming thoughts. This is going to be one weird school year..

I let out a sigh and push away from the wall I was once pushed up before I me began walking inside seeming as the bell had rung already. But throughout all that, I couldn't stop thinking of Sam.

Why didn't he lash out on me or beat me up like some say? Why didn't he bully me and threaten me like everyone says he does? Are they exaggerating? And to all those damn questions, I had no answer..

680 words