Chapter ➳14

((Colby's P.O.V))

For someone who smokes, wears depressing black, and scares the shit out people, Sam was really romantic. Now that's stereotyping but I didn't really expect that at first. Yet he managed to prove me wrong.

Sam had picked out a little picnic area just down the beach owned by a restaurant and at night time to be specific. His attire though, made me want to squeal but I didn't want to creep him out and grinned sweetly instead.

For a top, he wore a simple black button up with the collar rolled neatly and sleeves rolled up to his forearms and black jeans for the bottom. His hair was styled nicely rather than hidden under a hood and his toothy smile greeted me the moment we re-united after we split after school had ended.

"I hope this isn't too cheesy?" He furrowed his brows, looking at me for assurance. "It's amazing, Sam. Stop worrying." I assured and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers together.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a short while until I glanced back at Sam to find him looking out into the ocean. My eyes roamed over his face, studying every beautiful feature until they landed on his lips.

Looking at them brought me back to the first time we kissed. It made my heart flutter, made butterflies filling my stomach, made me happy. It was my first kiss as well, but Sam didn't know that.

And now just looking at them made me yearn for more. When I glanced away from his lips, Sam's eyes met mine and glanced down at my lips just as I did so prior.

Slowly, the two of us began to lean in, lips inches away from connecting, when a loud crash erupted from the restaurant back.

Sam sighed in frustration and we looked back when yelling suddenly began to surface. I furrowed my brows in worry and squinted to try seeing clearly.

When another clash sounded, I shot up from my place from instinct and began walking over. Sam joined me as well, brows furrowed into a frown and expression back to it's usual cold, intimidating one.

When we entered through the large wooden arch, a crowd of people stood bundled into a bunch as they pried to see the problem.

I joined in too and stood on my tipi toes when I couldn't see. Sam yanked me back when a large man suddenly stumbled backwards from through the crowd, almost crushing me under his size.

The man hit the floor boards with a harsh thud and soon another man lunged forward, throwing punches repeatedly. Both men were built and big with muscle rather than fat but the man taking the hits was in a punch worse condition.

And if someone didn't stop them, he was bound to possibly lose his life. When the man on top raised his fist to throw another punch, I moronically stepped forward and pushed him off with all my strength.

The man only looked around stunned before growling when his eyes landed on who pushed him off; me.

A squeak escaped my lips when he scrambled towards me, trying to grab a hold of my leg and probably leave me like he did with the other man. I shuffled from his reach just in time to see someone step in front of me.

He was much larger than me, had blond hair and beautiful piercing blue eyes; I also call him my boyfriend.

Sam's hands shot up to the man's shoulders, pushing him back when he tried getting past. "Step back." Sam growled, eyes dark and fierce. The man clenched his fists in anger and glared down at Sam.

"This wasn't the rat's fight to begin with, but it will be if doesn't mind his own business and get the fuck away." The stranger scowled, looking at me with glaring eyes.

But when I went to hold Sam's hand and just tell him to go, he connected his fist with the stranger's jaw, sending him to the ground. "If there's anyone here who's a rat, it's you." He spat, panting with anger.

That just made the situation though because soon enough, the man's body tackled Sam to the floor, grunting and growling as they began to fight. The man managed to sock Sam in the face making blood pour down his nose as he tried to clench it in pain."Stop!"

I screamed, running forward and prying the man off of Sam. Security flooded the restaurant when another fight began to break and things began to get messy.

769 words