Chapter ➳5

((Colby's P.O.V))

Today was a little weirder than I thought it was going to be. I found myself back to where Sam was.

"Why are you back?" Sam spoke rudely, before I could even get the chance to say 'hi'. He didn't even know I was here! "I.. I have no one else to sit with." I mumbled with a frown. It was partially true; I mean, they did leave.

I had walked by Corey and the rest of them today, but it didn't seem they wanted anything to do with me. I was a little disappointed in that since I didn't think something as simple as meeting someone would cost me their friendship. I really did like hanging out with them.

Sam rolled his eyes and grabbed his vape pen, putting it in his mouth before blowing out the smoke. Are those even allowed on campus grounds? "Speak a word about this and you'll learn a lot more about me." He sneered and I nodded quickly.

I sat down on the bleachers next to him, silence surrounding us. The wind drew the smoke towards me making me cough harshly from the sudden inhale as I tried waving it off. Sam rolled his eyes and continued vaping as we sat in silence.

I glanced at him a little then back down. "Where are your friends?" He suddenly spoke, his voice naturally harsh. "It doesn't look like the want anything to do with me." I frowned and sighed. "I could see why." He rolled his eyes and I looked at him with a hurt expression. What a dick..

"Why would you think I would want to be your friend?" He spoke again, cutting of the vape pen and stuffing it away. I stayed quiet. "Hmm?" He pried, squishing a butterfly that landed just near his foot. Poor thing.

"I.. don't know." I whispered and looked down. Now I was really regretting this. "Pathetic." He mumbled and stood up, walking off without another glance. I stood up as well, seeming as the bell had rung, and headed over to the school building.

((Time Skip))

"Alright students, for today's session, I'll be splitting everyone into groups of two, and the reason behind that is because you'll be assigned a project due next week that you'll be working on with your picked partner. I'll begin." The teacher announced, walking over to her desk and grabbing a sheet of names.

"Now the groups'll be unusual and purposely jumbled so don't expect to be partnered with a friend of yours. This'll help with socializing and wiping past grudges." She spoke once again, before she began calling out names over the groaning and moans of annoyance.

She continued calling out names and partnering them up as ordered, until my name was called. "Colby Brock.. and Sam Golbach." My heart dropped. "You may have the rest of the session to discuss your assigned topics." She spoke and clapped her hands once before taking her seat at the desk and logging onto the computer.

I met Sam's cold eyes, and surely, they were filled with nothing but anger and disapproval. Oh dear lord. This just had to happen, didn't it?

The rest of the session was spent chattering and such, until it was time to leave. I walked towards the school doors, my bag hoisted onto my shoulders and my mind, as usual, spiraling in a pool of stress and assumptions.

Suddenly feeling a firm hand grab my shoulder, I was turned around harshly and met with a clothed chest. I looked up in confusion, realizing it was Sam. "I don't like you, and I don't think I ever will. So if this is going to happen for a whole damn week, you better cope well." He spat, drawing the attention of those around us as they started whispering to each other.

"A-Alright." I spoke, accidentally coming out as a whimper. Now that I'm up close to him, he really does scare me. He stared at me a little before glaring at those around us. "Your place at 5." He said simply before walking away.

I stood there a little stunned and let out a sigh before walking off. I was dreading this; but maybe it won't be as bad..

714 words