Chapter ➳17

((Colby's P.O.V))

   The deafening ring of the bell pierced our ears as Sam and I stood in the hall, successfully making us grimace in annoyance. The weekend had passed by fairly quickly and school was back up to pestering us.

"Fucking Mondays." Sam groaned from beside me, slapping a flat palm on the locker near my head and laying his head on my shoulder. I chuckled lightly and ran my fingers through the messy blond locks that managed to make him look even hotter than usual.

By the act, I received questioning looks from other students and some of shock. This is the first time Sam and I have ever shown affection out in the public, but really, I didn't care anymore.

Sure it'll turn many against us and will possibly become a reason for being bullied, but again, I don't care. I have Sam and that's beyond what I need.

"I need a smoke," he sighed, finally lifting his head and looking down at me. "You know, I heard a hug is just as addicting as a smoke." I spoke nonchalantly, trying to hide my smile with a neutral expression.

"Even better, actually." I added, chuckling when I saw the consideration on his expression. Still, he grumbled and moved closer to me, wrapping me in warm hug.

I chuckled at his cuteness and hugged back with a faint smile. As I looked around the corridor, I met Corey's gaze. He was standing along the rest of the group with expressions of utter disbelief. But his was that of amusement.

I felt proud, happy; knowing that I accomplished something no one could have ever. But to me, this wasn't a mere accomplishment; I met someone amazing out of this experience and it sure as hell been a great one.

When Sam pulled away he lifted my chin with two gentle fingers and looked down into my eyes. "You know, I heard a kiss is much more addicting than a hug." He smirked, making me blush but keep close.

His lips moved closer to mine as he leaned down with loving, warm eyes. "Even better, actually."

And just then, the hall went quiet. Two polar opposites were pressed against each other, sharing affection in a kiss no one would've ever imagined was shared between two boys.

But that was beyond my worries, because when we pulled away, most of the students wore bright smiles. Sam looked down at me and chuckled.

"Come on," he laughed, throwing his arm around my shoulders and guiding us through the crowd of students.

"I think I could deal without a smoke for now." He winked, making my blush only worsen. "What a douche," I scowled, but Sam didn't seem offended as he caught my faint smile.

"Come on, don't hide it from me." He frowned childishly, pinching my cheek. I swatted his hand away but allowed him to give me one last kiss on the forehead before we parted for class.

-
The final bell eventually rung when school was over, granting us departure. Sam had to be held back a little so I told him I'd wait by the front. I scanned the area for a place to sit, from over the sea of impatient students and found one just below a tree.

I made my way over and took a seat on the bench under, just as a group of silhouettes began to approach. I squinted my eyes in curiosity, trying to make them out from under the sun.

When I was finally able to confirm with my conclusion, I looked away and sighed lightly.

Katrina sent me a sad look and Jake sent me one of guilt. "Hey, Colby." Devyn smiled, only making my heart hurt further. "Hey," I smiled weakly, waving their way and finally meeting their gazes.

They all turned knowingly towards Corey who sighed lightly and walked over. He took a seat in front of me and smiled guiltily. "I'm.. sorry, Colby." He sighed again, running a hand over his hair.

"I had no right to turn these guys against you just because of a choice you wanted to make." He continue, looking back at the rest and back to me. Corey went to continue, but he chocked on his words and his face went pale.

I looked at him confused before looking up at the rest. They had the same pale expressions. I looked behind me in confusion only to see Sam towering behind me.

His glare was piercing through the others as he stood with his well-known cold look so it was pretty obvious why they were paling. "Hey, they aren't doing anything." I whispered, looking up at him with a soft gaze.

He softened his gaze when his eyes met my own and sat down next to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders protectively and pulled me into his side with his gaze never leaving Corey's.

"Leave." He demanded, pure dominance laced within his words. Corey quickly stood up and waved nervously at me before they all hurried away. I glared up at Sam who shrugged and kissed my cheek when he couldn't ease my frown with a cheeky grin.

Oh, Sam.

870 words