Chapter ➳19

((Colby's P.O.V))

  The news of the upcoming prom has been jumping from student to student, spreading it around after reading the fliers put up. The prom would be held in the cafeteria, and the King and Queen title would be given to the best couple.

Students were squealing and chattering around about the prom, who they'd be taking, and what to wear. Sam placed a kiss on my forehead and pulled me closer as we watched the students practically jumping around.

"Wow, the year had passed by quick." I laughed breathlessly, tangling my fingers with his. Sam hummed in approval and squeezed my hand.

"It sure has." He nodded. "I don't want to part," I finally whispered, cursing myself for tearing up. Sam noticed my sadness and turned me towards him. He grabbed my face softly and kissed my forehead. "We won't part if you don't want to, I might not be going into college either." He said, running a hand through my hair.

"Why won't you?" I questioned in confusion and he sighed. "I can't afford it. And my dad isn't really that much help." He smiled sadly, caressing my cheek oh-so gently. I looked up at him sadly and sniffled.

I wrapped my arms around him and stuffed my face in his chest as I tried not to cry. "I'm sorry." I whispered, squeezing my eyes tightly. "I'll be okay, Colby. I'll even make enough money to find an apartment near you." He smiled, tightening his hold around me.

"Come on, we have to head to class."

-
I closed my eyes at the sound of Sam's softly beating heart, allowing his warmth and scent to drift me into slumber. But I was still conscious enough to hear him. "Stay the night," I mumbled after a while, shifting on his chest and opening my eyes to look at him.

"Who said I wasn't going to?" He chuckled, kissing my nose and playfully slapping my bum. "Aria's getting sick of my ass anyways." He grinned.

I went to say something but knocking at my bedroom door cut me off. "Boys? Is it safe to enter?" Mom asked warily through the door making me blush and Sam laugh. "Come in, mom."

The door slowly creaked open and mom popped her head in. "Hi, boys, are you spending the night, Sam?" She asked cheerily as she coed at us shortly. I groaned and looked away.

"If that's okay with you-?" "No, it's not! Go home, Steven!" Gage yelled from the hall making me scowl. "His name is Sam!" I yelled back, rolling off of Sam and slumping on the bed beside him.

Mom rolled her eyes and looked back at my boyfriend. "Of course you can, you're welcome anytime." She smiled. "Thanks, Mrs. Brock." He nodded and with that, the door was shut.

"Since when are you so polite?" I raised a brow, looking up at the messy blond laying next to me. "Since forever, I just never show it. It'll ruin my reputation." He winked sneakily.

I punched him in the arm hard and grinned in pride. The two of us sat in a comfortable silence until another thought crossed my mind again; Prom.

I've been meaning to ask Sam to the dance, but chickened out way too many times. Though this wasn't as romantic, I knew he wouldn't enjoy something too flashy and fancy.

I rolled back onto his chest and tangled my fingers in his hair, kissing his lips and tangling our legs. "What was that for?" He raised a brow, wrapping his arms around my waist so I pressed into him.

"Be my prom date?" I blurted, feeling nervous when he blinked in surprise. "Are you asking me to the dance, Brock?" He recovered, smirking tauntingly as I groaned.

"No, I'm asking you to my funeral date- Of course I'm asking you to the dance, you douche!" I exclaimed, face palming and sighing. Sam broke into a fit of laughter and kissed my forehead.

"Sure, as long as I don't get to wear a tux-" "The hell you aren't!" I hissed. "I know, babe, I'm messing with you." He chuckled.

Never in my life did I think I'd ever be the one asking, but it sure did feel nice.

724 words

((One more chapter! The end is near!))