Chapter ➳7

((Colby's P.O.V))

I tap my foot against the marbled ground of the classroom, out of nerves as I await Sam to arrive. It was the day of our presentation and he hadn't shown up yet. "Colby, we can't wait any longer." The teacher spoke softly, shaking her head.

"Please Mrs. Dinly, just a few more minutes. He'll be here, I-I'm sure." I plead, but we both new that was a lie. Sam wasn't coming, it was obvious. "I'm sorry, Colby. It's either you do it on your own or you both have to get a zero." She spoke, shaking her head in sympathy.

I couldn't let the both of us fail. "I-I'll do it on my own." I spoke sadly, receiving sympathetic looks from both Jake and Devyn. Corey just scoffed. Organizing my papers quickly, I began the project.

She nodded in approval every time I mentioned an important note or phrase, writing down notes and taking grades. I was really nervous and stressed but seeing her approved nodding and expressions calmed me down a little. The rest weren't commenting or mocking me either, which helped with the tensed situation.

After I was done with the presentation, Mrs. Dinly sent me an approving smile and gestured me back to my seat. "Well done, Colby." She praised as the class began to clap supportively. I took my seat with a little blush, packing away the rest of the papers. I just wish Sam would've been here to help me out. He basically ditched me.

Next up was another pair of students, presenting about space and what's within it. It was quite an interesting subject but I was partially zoned out. I stuffed the papers in my folder and dropped down my bag.

A hand was suddenly placed on my shoulder and I looked over, spotting Jake. "You alright?" He questioned softly and I sent a slight nod of appreciation. "Y-Yeah. I just wished he would've t-told me sooner." I sighed, him doing the same.

"You did great, so don't sweat." He smiled assuringly making me smile a little too. Although they left me and avoided me most of the time, I was glad someone at least cared. Even if it was just a little.

((Time Skip))
At The Bleachers ☜︎

I walk out the crowded cafeteria and onto the grass area as I head to the bleachers where Sam was situated with his vape pen between his fingers. I was angry but I wouldn't exactly show him that. He'd probably beat me to the bone. Who knows?

Sam rolled his eyes when he spotted me approaching and packed away his vape pen. Would I ever blackmail him with that? Most likely not. I know better than to do that. "Where w-were you today?" I demanded with a frown as I stood in front of where he sat.

He stared at me and then slowly stood up. He walked closer until he was close to me and looked down at my fear-clouded eyes. "I-I had to do the presentation on my own." I spoke again, trying to stay strong. But the stutter gave me away.

"And do you have a problem if I wasn't there?" He asked darkly as he looked down at me. Feeling the sudden anger and confidence fill me a bit, I did the unexpected. "Yes, actually, I do, because I basically saved your ass." I snapped and learned that I easily regretted it.

Swiftly, he grabbed both of my wrists in a tight grasp, his grasp tightening by every second that passed by. I whimpered out of shock and pain, trying to tug back. "Watch who you're talking to, darling. I haven't come out of my shell just yet." He growled through gritted teeth, his eyes turning a shade darker.

"O-Okay, okay. I-I'm sorry." I whimpered out, still tugging to get free. When he let me go I stumbled backwards and fell down. I looked up at him in slight fear and hurt and slowly stood up. If this wasn't his actual self, I wonder what he was really like..

But after this, I don't think I really want to know.

703 words