Chapter ➳10

((Colby's P.O.V))

I limp into school, wincing once through every step, and make my way towards my metal locker. I was desperate to get through the day, avoid my family, and stay in bed hoping to sleep and never wake up again.

Okay maybe not to that extent but all I want is to be able to breath a little. My stomach and legs were littered with brutal bruises and a black eye had formed itself around my right eye. I let out a shaky sigh and open up my locker, avoiding the small mirror I had displayed inside.

I couldn't stand looking at myself. I looked horrible. Dark bags had painted themselves under my eyes, my body aches a lot and my mind keeps bringing me back to Sam. I knew he didn't like me. I'll admit that. But I never knew to the extent he'd want me to be beaten up.

That hurt the most though.

I shut my locker with teary eyes and made my way to class, desperate to finish the day sooner than I'd anticipate..

-
I pushed through the cafeteria doors, knowing I'm doing something I may or may not regret later. I let out a shaky breath and made my way towards Corey's table where he, Devyn, Katrina and Jake were all seated at. I sent a small smile once Katrina spotted me first and she sent one back in return.

"H-Hey." I whispered out, making Corey's attention direct my way. "I see you're back." He smirked and crossed his arms against his chest. I looked down at the ground, letting out a light sigh and closing my eyes before reopening them to blink back the tears.

"I-I guess I am." I smiled a bit but spotted the rest's concerned expressions. "And I see with a bruise?" Corey said again, the smirk never leaving his face as he lifted my chin to inspect the bruise. I pulled my face away and fiddled with my fingers. "Y-Yea, I guess." I whispered, feeling the tears begging to resurface.

"And what did I tell you from the beginning?" He taunted again, seeming to be enjoying this. "Y-You were right." I said defeated and let out a shaky breath. He hummed at that. "And now-" Not being able to help it much longer, I turned away sprinted out the cafeteria feeling the tears finally escaping me.

I ran towards the bleachers and let out shaky sobs until I just dropped down on the grass. I leaned my back against a tree and sobbed into my trembling knees, finally letting out the tears I've been holding for a good while.

I ignored the crunching of leaves approaching me and shut my eyes tightly. "I'm sorry." A voice suddenly sighed making me look up quickly. I looked away when I realized it was Sam. The person behind all my pain.

"No. Y-You're not." I sniffled and shook my head. "You got what you wanted, Sam. I-I'll leave you alone." I croaked out and stood up, about to walk away but he grabbed me before I could walk away.

"No." Sam huffed and pushed me against the tree with s frown. I winced a little from the pressure but looked up at him nevertheless. "Look, I'll admit it. I did want you to leave me alone at first. But then you just wouldn't leave and I realized how nice it was to have someone to talk to." He blurted and I stared at him in shock.

"B-But you framed me. Y-You got my ass beaten just so I'd stay away from you, Sam." I said in confusion. "I did. And I regret it, but.." He trailed off and turned to walk away with a sigh, when I caught his wrist this time around.

"But what Sam? What made you want to have me hurt so badly?" I questioned with glossed up eyes as his eyes finally met mine.

"My feelings."

669 words