Chapter ➳18

((Colby's P.O.V))

Sam was much moodier today, and I assumed he would talk to me about it but I haven't seen him all day. I walked towards my locker after class and exchanged my books, just when two feet stopped in my line of vision.

I looked up in confusion and smiled when I noticed it was Corey. I shut my locker and faced him. "Hey," I waved, heaving my bag over my shoulder. "Hey, Colby." He smiled back, shifting on his feet nervously.

"I.. I know my apology the other day wasn't enough do I wanted to properly do it."  He sighed, running a hand over his hair. "Corey, it's alright." I assured, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"I forgive you, anyways. Don't think too much about it."

He sent a grateful smile and began walking with me. "So, you and Sam? How'd it work out?" He asked, but I knew he didn't mean it rudely. He seemed genuinely curious.

I shrugged. "He's sweeter than he looks. I know it's hard for other to believe but he's been treating me like I'd break at any moment." I chuckled breathlessly, remembering all the time's he'd hug me and kiss me gently.

"Damn, never would've expected it." Corey whispered, but more to himself. I nodded in agreement and clutched my bag strap. "I'm sure you'd love him once you get on his good side." I chimed, when a loud bang echoed through the halls, making us both jump in startle.

I snapped my head in the direction of the sound and spotted Sam walking off. "I have to go." I farewelled quickly, running after my boyfriend in panic and worry. He seemed angry.

When I finally caught onto him, we were standing in the bathroom. I watched as he splashed his face with water before leaning on his arms. "Sam?" I asked quietly from my spot in the doorway, making him look at me with a sigh.

"What happened?" I asked again, and walked towards him. I gently grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me in a hug. I laid my head against his chest and sighed softly.

He hugged me back after a few hesitant moments and stuffed his face in my hair. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to lash out on you." He mumbled which explained why I didn't see him much today. "It's okay, can you tell me what's wrong?" I pulled away, grabbing his cheeks and pecking his lips briefly.

"Nothing important, the old drunk wants me out in a week." He frowned and shook his head. My heart broke after seeing the expression on his face and I held back my tears. "You can stay with me, you know you're always welcome."

Sam smiled sadly and nodded. "I know, but I can't be a bother. I'll crash at a friend's for a few days."

"You have friends?" I gasped, trying to lighten the mood which seemed to work. Sam chuckled and nodded. "A few." He smiled.

I hummed in acknowledgement and swayed us lightly.

"You're ruining me, Colby." He laughed after a few comforting moments and I tilted my head in curiosity. "How?" "You're making me soft more and more every time I spend time tin you. What are you doing to me?" He chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I'm showing you the meaning of love." I spoke, placing my palm over his heart while I stared deeply into his ocean eyes. "I love you, Sam. So much." I whispered.

"I love you too, Colby. Even if I don't show it enough."

601 words
((Little filler but double update!😊))