Chapter ➳8

((Colby's P.O.V))

A gasp escapes my lips once I faced the school doors, spotting Sam walking in. But that's not what shocked me. He had a black eye. He kept his hood up so it didn't show it but when you're in my level of height, it's pretty noticeable. I furrowed my eyebrows in concern and slowly shut my locker.

I walked towards him in fear and worry with one thought in my mind: What happened? Sam rolled his eyes when he saw me staring and tried to pass by me but I wasn't having it. "S-Sam, wait." I called, gently wrapping my fingers round his wrist. "Get off me." He growled but I shook my head. All attention was on us now.

"L-Let me help." I spoke in plead as he stared down at me. "Please." I whispered and he sighed deeply, clearly defeated. Allowing me to do so, I dragged him into the restrooms with a soft but firm grasp around his wrist.

He tried to walk off again when I let go but I pushed him back a little, his lower back gently hitting the sink so I trapped him between my small body and the sink.

I grabbed some paper towels and wet them as I tried avoiding his deathly stare. Gently reaching up to clean his eye, Sam caught my wrist and stopped me from touching his eye any further.

"Let me help, Sam." I whispered, looking into his eyes with worry and concern. It was really bad. He stared me for a few moments before slowly dropping his hand and allowing me to continue. I gently dabbed the wet paper towels against his eye, trying to be as gentle as possible.

"W-What happened?" I asked softly, feeling guilty when he winced. "My so-called father happened." He muttered but I assume I wasn't supposed to hear because it seemed like something he didn't really want to remember. I glanced at him a little, feeling my heart hurt. Was he abused? Is that why he hurts others?

Deciding to just stay quiet, I crumbled up the trash and threw it away. "Are you okay?" I asked sadly as I looked up at him with glossed eyes. I truly was worried about his well-being. He just stayed silent and moved me away a little before walking off.

((Sam's P.O.V))
-[Before arriving at school]-

"Wake up, you useless faggot!" My father yelled, barging into my bedroom with a bottle of alcohol gripped in his hand. I quickly sat up, covering my bottom half with my white sheets. I should've known better than to sleep naked. Especially with him in the house.

"Get ready and get the fuck out my house! I don't want you in here any longer than I have to deal with!" He slurred out, smashing the now empty bottle against the ground. "A-Alright, father!" I yelped, slipping on my boxers and shuffling to grab my pants that were carelessly thrown on the chair near me.

"Hurry up, let's go!" He yelled once more, stomping over to me and grabbing a fist full of my hair. "I-I'm trying! I swear!" I let out again, letting out a muffled cry when he socked me in the face. That's gonna leave a good bruise to cherish.

He pushed me back harshly but fortunately left me be after that. He's probably getting more alcohol. Stupid drunk. Swiftly slipping on my shoes and hoodie, I grabbed my phone and stuffed it into my pocket. Why'd you have to leave him mom?

Running a hand through my hair, I mutter out profanities and grabbed my bag, rushing down the steps while my father yelled after me. Is he really a father if he doesn't give two shits about his own son? I don't fucking think so..

644 words