Chapter ➳13

((Colby's P.O.V))

The stares were bewared of, the whispers, the murmurs, it was all seen and heard by me and it's obvious it was just that for Sam. After all, we were walking into school together.

It's been two days since Sam had put out on the cancerous sticks we call cigarettes and I'm beyond satisfied. But Sam just got annoyed at how I kept cooing and praising him for staying so long without them.

"I need a smoke." Sam groaned from beside me but I ignored him and kept walking in the direction of my locker. "Colby," He tried again, patting my pockets as I walked, making me stifle back a giggle. I was ticklish!

"Colby, come on." He tried again, voice pleading me to give him at least one. "No, you've come so far to go back now." I shook my head, swatting his hands away. "And stop touching me, y-you're raising suspicion." I whispered, trying to avoid the judging stares and looks.

"I don't give-" "I do." I frowned, opening up the metal door of my locker. I slipped out a few books and replaced them with the books I didn't quite need. Sam sighed by my side and slammed an open palm against the locker next to me to let out a little bang.

He let out another groan and laid his head against the cold metal. "You're the worst." He grumbled, closing his eyes. I chuckled lightly and, while he wasn't looking, slipped in the packet of cigarettes, hiding it behind a few books and shutting my locker.

"Come on you big baby, we gotta get to class." I poked his side and began walking away, when I spotted Corey and his friends at the end of the corridor. I avoided their gaze and looked down at my feet, hoping they wouldn't notice me.

Sam noticed though and threw an arm around my shoulders just as we passed them. "Hey, why don't we meet up after school?" Sam smiled down at me, making my heart melt at his attempt.

"That would be nice." I smiled lightly and glanced briefly at Corey and the rest looking at us in bewilderment. Sam smiled back and kissed my forehead the moment we turned the corner and were out of sight.

"You didn't have to do that." I furrowed my brows but he only shook his head. "I did, and besides I really did mean it. Let's go out tonight, I wanna treat you." He smiled goofily making my eyes gloss a little.

His smile dropped and he pulled me into the nearest janitor's closet, quickly shutting the door after us. "What's wrong? Did I say something?" He panicked, trying to stop my eyes from glossing any further.

"No, no, no! I don't know how to stop this!" Sam continued to panic, looking around for something that could supposedly help. That made me chuckle and sniffle.

"I'm not crying, Sam. It just warmed my heart, that's all." I sighed lightly, smiling up at him. "No one's ever treated me like this, I guess I just got emotional." I mumbled and wrapped my arms around his waist, stuffing my face in his shirt.

"So.. I did nothing wrong?" He asked again making me chuckle and pull away. "No, you don't have to worry." I smiled, leaning up and kissing him on the cheek. That caught him by surprise and his cheeks turned a little red.

"You're blushing!" I gasped in excitement making him groan and push me away. I laughed once he walked out of the closet and followed after shortly.

605 words