Chapter 5

NOTE: Hi guys! I'm so sorry it took me so long to update, I have been sick but I definitely will post more often. Comment what you want to happen, and what characters you want to see more of- I don't really know how far to take this out so it's up to you. Enjoy!

I run down the hall to catch up with him.
"Hey, I'm free tomorrow- we can hang out then?" It's not really a question, but it is because I don't know the answer.
"Yeah, sure. Meet outside here after the bell?"
"'Kay."
What have I done?
I finish the day and head outside where Andrew is waiting to take me back to the hospital. I slide into the front seat, and we drive in silence. When we get to the entrance his pager goes off, and I tell him to go. I walk to the maternity ward, and ask the nurse for Dr.Robbins. They tell me to wait, but she comes through a patient room and brings me to exam 4.
"Hey, Zo. Sorry- I got stuck in an emergency delivery. Sofia didn't want to come? Oh- did you tell her? I just figured-"
"I told her. She was busy, but it's fine."
"Let's take a look at this baby, huh."
I look away from the monitor, trying to block the sound of the heartbeat.
"Do you want to see?"
"Is it healthy?"
"Yes, it looks great. About 12 weeks."
"Then no. I don't want to see."
I grab the cloth from the cart beside me and wipe the gel off my belly, hopping of the table and grabbing my backpack on the way out.
I pause in the doorway.
"You'll let my parents know?"
"Yes, of course. But Zol-"
I walk out of the room, letting the door slam behind me. I can't deal with that right now. As I leave the room, Aunt Amelia approaches me.
"Hey, your mom asked me to take you home. I thought we could stop for dinner?"
"Sure."
"How about that new place around the corner?" She suggests.
"The cafeteria is fine."
"Ew no. I want real food. Let's go."
We go to a little restaurant near the water, with only a few other families or couples surrounding the table.
"Zola, Who's the dad?"
"It's...um, a guy in my grade. Micheal."
"Does he know?"
"No."
"Tell him. Soon."
"Auntie Amelia-"
"Nothing good comes from hiding. Eat your food."
The next day after school, Micheal is outside waiting for me.
"Hey, ready to go?"
Oh my god, I totally forgot. God, I can't do this. I should run.
"Yeah." I say reluctantly, instead of one of the many things running through my mind.
We walk through town and get coffee at a cafe, or rather, he gets coffee and I get a smoothie. For the baby.
Everything was going well, and then it was almost time for our time together to end. I had a better time than I had expected to, but I was prepared for that to change.
"Micheal. I'm pregnant."
He stares at me, and I want to melt away. I don't want it to be true, the words just sounded like nonsense until they came out of my mouth.
"It's yours."
His jaw drops, and he shakes his head before picking up his bag and walking out the door, letting it slam behind him. I call auntie Amelia to pick me up, and in the car, I say it again.
"I told him. He walked out and slammed the door. It's over."
She keeps her eyes on the road without responding.
"This is your fault. You made me tell him. You can't ignore me!"
"I'm not. I'm ignoring the demon. The pregnancy demon. This isn't you talking. It's hormones."
I pick up my phone and text Sofia.
"Told him. Went as expected. I can never show my face at school again."
"Wtf happened!?!?!"