Chapter 11

OMG! Thank you guys for 1k reads! I'm so glad your enjoying and as always, vote, comment and share! I just joined Instagram: @greys4dayz3!
Zola's POV
After I woke up from surgery, I felt like crap, but I was relieved the baby was okay. Its been a few hours since I regained consciousness, and everyone from the party is in my ICU room. At one point, my mom asked everyone to clear out, and they all waited outside the room momentarily as my mom explained that someone else was here to see me. Then, in walks Micheal.
"Hey." He says, smiling. "Gave us a bit of a scare there, huh?"
I had my hand on my belly, but I lifted it up slowly, careful not to mess up my IV, and wave him over next to me.
"How's our baby boy?" He says, taking a seat next to me and holding my hand. I smile. I loved how he called him our baby.
"We're good."
"Zola, I'm so sorry if I hurt you. I really want to be a part of the baby's life. It's just...my mom is going to kick me out if I stay with you. I'm gonna figure something out, though. I promise."
Just then, I look up to see my mom still standing in the doorway.
"Come stay with us." She says.
"Really?" We reply in unison.
"Really. We want you to raise the baby, and we've got the nursery all set up- we could fix you up a room."
"Thank you." He says, kissing my hand. I'm a bit embarrassed since my mom is right there, but I'm so glad we can work something out.

I'm was released from the hospital 2 weeks after the surgery resting and being kept for observation. I've been home for another week now, and I'm 21 weeks and really showing. It's hard to get on and off the couch, let alone walk. Micheal moved in with us, and he's really helpful. It was a little weird at first, but he even gets up before he leaves for school and I start my courses and makes me breakfast sometimes.
I open my eyes this morning to micheal laying a kiss on my head, rubbing circles on my bump. He gives me a glass of juice and says he has to catch the bus, and I start my courses. I like to do them in the rocking chair in the nursery, so I feel like I'm being a good mom. I mean, if I'm going to be working all day, I'd better be doing it somewhere the baby enjoys. Not that he even knows where he is. I wait all day for Micheal to come home, and when he does he sits next to me on the couch and starts his homework.
A few hours later, my family returns and we have dinner together.
"How's the baby, Zola?" Asks Maggie.
"Good. He's moving a lot today, and he got mad when I ate that leftover pizza- he didn't like it one bit."
"How was school, Micheal?" Andrew asks, in between bites of dinner.
"Fine." He replies, smiling.
The next day was a Saturday and I was having my 6 month ultrasound, as I'm about 22 weeks that day. When everyone carpools to the hospital, we hop in the back of the car and park out front.
"Are you sure you don't want me to come, Zo? I can push my surgery." My mom asks.
"We'll be fine. It's just an ultrasound." I reply.
"Alright, but have me paged when your done."
We all walk in together, and once everyone parts ways to go to the OR or round on patients, I lead Micheal to the OB.wing.
"Dr.Robbins is my OB. She's one of Sofia's moms." I say on the way there.
"Cool." He replies, locking arms with me.
"Hey, aunt Az. Ready for the ultrasound?" I ask, once we see her at the nurses station.
"Yup. We're in exam 4 this time.You must be Micheal!" she says, reaching her hand out to shake his with a smile spread across her face.
"Nice to meet you, Dr.Robbins."
We walk into the room and I pull up my shirt while Arizona puts on the gel. Micheal holds my hand, but looks away.
"You can look, Micheal. It's fine." I say, laughing.
"Oh. Okay then." We watch in awe as we stare at the picture on the screen, listening to the tiny heartbeat. I actually start to cry.
"I'm sorry." I say. "It's the hormones."
They both chuckle in reply, and I follow in. When we're done, Az gives me a paper copy of the ultrasound which I stick in my pocket, and we head out.
"Where do we go now?" Micheal asks as I lead him down hallways that look foreign to his eyes.
"Wanna see something awesome?"
He nods, and I lead him towards the OR doors reading STAFF ONLY. NO VISITORS BEYOND THIS POINT.
"What are we doing here?" He asks.
"One sec." I say, running up to Jo who is reviewing a patient chart behind me.
"Can you let us in there? I want to see my mom from the gallery."
"Of course."
She walks us to the doors, using her key-card to unlock the door.
"OR 3." She adds, as we walk down the hallway.
I lead Micheal into the gallery, sitting next to one of the doctors watching my mom at work. No one questions me being there, Everyone knows me as Meredith Grey's daughter.
I watch as my mom completes the surgery, and Micheal watches in awe.
"That's awesome." He says. "I hope our baby inherits your moms brain."
"Oh, trust me. He's gonna have MY brain. That's a combination of world renound neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd and award winning Meredith Grey."