Chapter 19

Micheals POV
"Mom?" I say, more to myself than anyone else. She was dressed the way I remembered , Her blonde hair on a in a bun on top of her head, pearls around her neck and red lipstick smeared on her lips. She looks like a pretty stereotypical business woman/ mom, but she hasn't exactly followed through on that second part.
"Hello Michael. Aren't you going to give your mother a hug?"
"What are you doing here? You made it perfectly clear you wanted nothing to do with me after I decided to be in Isaac's life."
"Isaac?"
"Oh right, you have a grandson. Have a nice life."
"Mich, she's still you're mom. Maybe she wants to meet him," Zola says, walking towards us with the baby.
"Ms.Treys, this is baby Isaac Rowan Grey-Shepherd. He's almost 3 months, but he spent most of that time in the NICU." She bounces him around, cooing and singing with him like she does when he starts to fuss.
"My god. He's beautiful. Would you mind?" She asks, reaching out her arms.
"I would mind, seeing as how you wanted no part of it when you found out she was pregn-"
"Of course you can hold him," she interrupts, handing my mother the baby and shooting me a look.
"Zo, who's here honey?"
"It's Micheals mom. Would you bring the rest of the bottle for Issac so she can feed him?"
Meredith emerges from the kitchen with her hair in a bun, covered in flour from the pancakes.
"Hi again, Lillian. Would you like to sit with him so you can finish feeding him? We were just about-"
She snatches the baby and bottle from Zola, inviting herself onto the couch beside Ellis, obliviously watching cartoons.
"Hello there, Issac!" She continues baby talking in a way that sound so forced that I question how I turned out halfway normal with her as a mother.
Merediths POV
"Andrew, come in here. Now." I say.
"What's up? Is it about Michael's mom? Which, by the way is a little weird, considering we haven't seen her at all in months." He says bluntly.
"That's the thing, it wasn't entirely unannounced. I mean I knew she was coming at some point. I thought she was out of the picture, and then I got this in the mail, and I'm trying to keep my cool for Zola because this would kill her-"
"Mer, breathe. I can't understand you when you talk that fast. What are you talking about?" I hand him the letter.
" she's fighting for custody? Are you serious? I mean... Do we have a lawyer? How are we going to fight this off?"
"I don't know. I really don't. All I know is that this lady shows up in my house at 11 in the morning after disappearing into thin air for a year, with the sole intention of taking the baby away."
"When did you get this?"
"A few days ago, but I only opened it this morning." I stopped to think. "I need to call lawyer, can you let Amelia and Maggie know? And do not let Zo hear."
I dial my lawyers number.
"Hello, this is Dr. Meredith Grey. I need to counter a custody suit."