Chapter 10

Sorry for the short chapter! I hope you enjoy! Vote ⭐️ comment 💬 and share 📲

Merediths POV
Blue balloons fly everywhere, and I'm so excited to have a grandson. Zola comes over to give me a hug, but suddenly she collapses. Being doctors, everyone automatically rushes around her.
"Someone check her vitals!" Jackson shouts.
Arizona pushes to the front of the crowd and bends down to examine her.
"Ok let's call an ambulance!" She shouts.
I pull out my phone and dial 911, and a few minutes later I hear sirens outside. They load her into the gurney and Arizona goes with her, but I can't move. They pull away and the party comes to a halt.
Andrew approaches me. "Come on, Mer. Let's go to the hospital to see her." We get in the car and Sofia asks if she can get a ride, while Owen and teddy stay with the kids. When we get to the hospital, we hurry to trauma 2 where it says she is being treated. I run into the room as soon as I see her, still unconscious.
"Is there a fetal heartbeat?" I say, as tears sting my eyes.
"It's there, but it's week. The baby has a congenital heart defect, and Zola is mirroring the baby's symptoms."
"Oh my god-" I say, in shock. They have to be okay!
"We're going to take her to surgery to resolve the defect. It's an emergency, so we just need verbal consent for now."
"Right. Go. Go ahead, but you save them both."
"That's the plan." She says, rushing away. They bring me into another room to fill out papers, but I want to go to the gallery.
"I'm going with her." I say to Andrew.
"You can't. You know you can't, you're family."
"I have to be with her!"
"I'm not her father."
"Andrew, is now really the tune for-"
"No, I mean I'm not her biological father, so I can go into the gallery with you. I'll text you updates, you stay with Sofia and fill out the paperwork, okay?
"Fine. Go, quick!"
He hurry's away, trailing behind the gurney.
2 hours of messaging later, I can finally breathe.
"Out of surgery and going up to ICU, Zo and baby are stable. Meet in room 154."
"THANK GOD!!! I will be right there I just need to do one thing."
I hit send, and pull something out of my purse I had picked up at the party. Zola had set her phone down, so I picked it up so she didn't lose it. I unlock her phone, go into the contact, and look for Micheals contact, hitting the call button. It rings a few times before picking up.
"Hello? Zola?"
"This is Meredith, Zola's mom."
"Oh, hi. Did you need to speak with my mom?"
"Zola passed out. We took her to the hospital, and she had surgery to repair the baby's heart defect. I thought you should know."
"Heart defect? Is she- are they okay?"
"Yes. And it's a boy."
"Wow. Um, can I come visit?"
"Room 154, Grey Sloan ICU."
"Grey? Like Zola's last name?"
"Oh, it was named after my sister, Lexie. I have to go, Micheal. But you know where to find us. And if you want to be part of the baby's life, you don't need your mothers permission. And trust me when I say that your son will have a lot of people looking out for him, but he'll always wish he had a dad."
I hang up and go see Zola.