Chapter 7

Here's a new chapter! There's a little bit of Jolex, if you like it head over to my Jolex fanfic forever and a day. Happy reading, as always: vote, comment and share!
Zola's POV
I walk into the same cafe we met at weeks ago. My head hangs low, and I try not to make eyes contact. My mom leads us to a table towards the back where micheal and a thin, tall women with a straight brown bob joins us.
"Mrs.Treys. It's lovely to meet you." My mom begins, although I disagree. I was now 16 weeks and just starting to show, but I can still hide it with baggy sweatshirts.
"Dr.Grey. Zola." She says, nodding at each of us.
"We are here to apologize. Micheal has done something irresponsible, but he shouldn't have to suffer from his actions. He won't be in the baby's life, we will be moving away just as soon as we secure a house."
"Mom!that's not what we-" he cries.
"That will be quite enough, Micheal. Let's go."
My mom stands up, blocking their way, while I sit back and watch.
"You can't just walk away from this! This is your grandchild!" She explains, getting quite upset. She continues. "All three of my kids have grown up without their father, and I will not let this baby suffer knowing your a few towns over!"
"You know what? Here." She pulls a checkbook out of her purse and writes a check for 5,000 dollars, slamming it on the table. "We will visit when the baby is born. Perhaps when these two aren't children themselves we can speak again."
Our moms are at each others throats, but as I open my mouth to say something, a wave of nausea overcomes me and I run to the front and began to throw up. A moment later, a warm hand rubs my back and pulls back my hair. It's Micheal.
"Hey. Im really sorry about how this turned out. I really did want to be a part of the baby's life."
"The baby has plenty of people in his or her life. What this baby needs is a father."
I turn around and stick just my head in the door, waving my mom to leave. We get in the car and drive away, as Micheal watches from behind with his sad, beautiful eyes.
I expect that we're driving home until we make a turn onto a weird street.
"This isn't the way home. Where are we going?"
I ask, clearly confused.
"Your staying with uncle Alex and aunt Jo for a little bit. I have something to take care of." She says, as we pull up in front of the tacky building that houses the loft.
I walk in and knock on the big, rolling doors, and Jo opens the door with wet eyes.
"Hi, aunt Jo. What's the matter?" I say, looking around. My eyes land on the back of the room, where Alex is taking apart a baby crib. I think back to something I had overheard my mom say, about them trying for a baby,
"Hi, Zola. Come in."
I enter the loft, with a box or two of baby clothes and toys clustered next to an empty space where Alex was finishing taking down the crib.
"How do you feel?"
"I- I'm fine. What is all this stuff?"
Alex and Jo exchange a glance, and Alex shakes his head. Jo's eyes tear up again, and I know I've said something wrong.
"I- I was pregnant, too. We lost the baby in the middle of the second trimester."
"Oh. Im sorry."
Jo places her hand on her belly and cries some more, and I lean in to give jo a hug.
"Ow!" I cry.
"What's wrong? What hurts?"
"My stomach- there's a weird feeling. Somethings wrong!"
"Alex!" Jo calls."Come over here!"
He rushes over and I lay down on the couch. He feels around my belly, and the flutter comes again. He lets out a small grin.
"That?" He says calmly. I nod. "That's your baby kicking."