Chapter 27

"So he's just... back?" Sofia said through the other end of the phone.
"Well, my mom's letting him stay with us. I had to use the whole 'I want my baby to grow up with his dad the way I couldn't' guilt trip thing, but it worked."
"Nice."
I've been talking to Sofia on the phone for a little over an hour, explaining everything for the 500th time: three weeks ago Micheal was nowhere to be found, a week later he was in Seattle, reconciling and...kissing me, and now he's back for good.
Oliver had accepted that Micheal would be going out of his life as quickly as he'd come into it, and agreed to let him move back to Seattle. My mom took a bit more convincing, but only a week after Micheals initial return, he was in Seattle once again.
How have I gone from a straight A student to this, chasing after a stupid boy? The funny thing is, it's a strange parallel to my mom, as an intern, begging my dad to pick her or whatever. Yeah, I've heard the story.
The baby was asleep in my arms, which seemed to be the only place he'd take his naps. It's cute, except when I need to put him down, like to go to the bathroom or to get something to eat, he wakes up immediately. So, here I am, sitting in the rocking chair and waiting for him to wake up so I can go back to my homework.
Even though he's been back for a few days, things are still a little weird between Micheal and I. The whispers and stares at school never stop. You'd think they'd get bored by the second week of school, but apparently no one has anything better to do then talk about the sophomore with a 6 month old.
Since being back at school, things have been admittedly harder, between the baby, homework, school, studying- it's a lot. But we've fallen back into our routine, with Micheal helping out, and things are looking up from here.
"Hey, Zo. Want me to take him?" Micheal says, coming into the dark room.
"Uh, Sof, I've gotta go." I say into the phone. "No, I don't want to wake him up. Thanks, though."
"Zola, I've been back for three days and we've yet to have a real conversation."
"Right. Um, well... you're coming back to school tomorrow, right?" I say.
"Yeah, but that's not really what I meant."
"God, Micheal, what do you want me to say?" I say a little to loudly, waking Isaac. I put him into his playpen and he sits up on the floor, banging his things together. "I know that you left for all of the right reasons, but that doesn't mean we can just go back to the way we were."
"Why not? Zola, I love you. And the baby. And I don't care about anything else."
Against every inch of my being, as if my heart is speaking over my brain, I say, "I love you, too."
"So what does that mean?"
"It means I have officially become the thing I laughed at. Just another stupid, boy crazed teenager in love. It means that everything I thought I was, everything I wanted to be, is just out the window. You're in my house, in my head, on my lips... and I don't know what to do. I don't know where to go from here, and I don't want to. I want to... I want to skip classes and go to parties and stay out too late. I want the chance to be crazy and do stupid crap with my friends. And instead, here I am on a Friday night with a baby, and you... you love me." I say, nearly out of breath.
"Yeah."
"But... what does this mean?"
"Zola, I know this is all crazy. But Isaac is amazing, and the only person that gets that is you. So you just be there for me, and let me be there for you. And none of the rest matters."
He came back to school the next day, and everything in my life shifted. I was just the nerd dating the jock, and he was just another pretty boy. All of the rest blew over. He was just him, and I was me, and together we were us, and I realized I could have it all. I got to be a stupid love crazed teenager, and I also got to become whatever I wanted to be. And on top of all of that, I got to be a mom.

***END***

Guys, what can I say. You, my readers, have been so supportive through this entire journey and I want to say thank you. When I originally came up with this story a few months ago, I would never have thought that I would gain the loyal readers that I did. Thank you all for your generous votes, comments, reads- you guys are what inspire me to create these chapters, and I truly hope that you enjoyed coming along for the ride with me. I encourage you all to check out my other stories if you enjoyed this one, and as always, happy reading!!!