Chapter 9

Please vote comment and share if you want me to keep going! I love hearing your thoughts and ideas on each chapter, and as always, happy reading!!!

Sofia's POV
My mom and I have been planning this party for weeks, but now that we've got the OK from Zola, we can finally send out invites. Zola said she wanted to do a gender reveal, so at her next check up, my mom is going to check if it's a boy or a girl, but we won't tell anyone until the shower.
So far, we've decided to do it at our house, and we know we want to put pink frosting in the middle of the cake if it's a girl, blue for a boy. When the cake is cut open, the color on the inside will be revealed and matching balloons will be released! It's going to be amazing.

Zola's POV, 1 week later
Today I'm finally going to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! Well, Az is anyway. I have to wait for the shower next week. I can't say I'm disappointed; I'm actually thrilled to be surprised! My mom and Andrew have the day off, so their coming with me.
Once we arrive at the hospital, I get settled into the room and Arizona comes in a minute later. My mom holds my hand and Andrew stands behind me.
"Okay everyone! Ready?" Arizona says, getting the gel ready.
We all nod and say yes, so she picks up the wand.
"Mer, DeLuca, look away! Your supposed to be surprised!"
"Fine." My mom says, turning around.
"Can I look? Considering I can't read an ultrasound and all?" I ask.
"Of course!"
The picture pulls up on the screen and a tiny heartbeat plays over the monitor. It's so tiny, and I can just make out the arms and legs. She smiles and puts the wand away. "All good, baby looks healthy" she says. "Now I have a party to plan."

Sofia's POV, 1 week after the ultrasound
I put the final touches on everything, and step back to see the house decked within pink and blue streamers and balloons. There were tables set with party favors and lined with tablecloths, a sweet buffet with cookies and cake pops and candy, games, onesie decorating- my mom said it's a lot like the one she threw for my mama when she was pregnant with me.
The first of the guests start to file in: Jackson and his longtime girlfriend, Vic, Owen, Maggie, and their kids Leo and Allison, Maggie, Amelia, Link, Alex and Jo, and finally Meredith, Andrew, Ellis, Bailey and Zola. Zola was wearing the knee length pink and blue dress that showcased her growing bump that we had picked at the mall a few days earlier. The party was going great, and we would cut the cake in a few minutes.
Zola's POV
The entire party was beautiful, and I was having a great time with everyone. I was glad everyone showed up to support me. No one ever made me feel ashamed for getting pregnant, even though it was a really big mistake. We all just accept it, knowing there's nothing we can do but love this baby. Finally, it's time for the part that I've been waiting for forever. Sofia wants me to cut the cake, so I walk to the front and everyone cheers. Ellis, Bailey, Allison and Leo were all running around together, but even they stopped to find out if their new friend would be a boy or a girl.
I push the knife into the cake as everyone watches, and slowly I pull out the slice of cake as blue icing is revealed and balloons fill the air around me. I'm so excited! Everyone cheers, and I run to Sofia and then my mom to give them hugs. I open my mouth to say something, but then everything goes blurry and the ground starts spinning-

The last thing I remember is hitting my head before everything went dark.