⤛FOUR⤜

"Please, I'm sorry! I don't know what I did! Let me go!" I screamed as I felt the grips on my arm tighten as they drag me.

"This is for the best." I looked up and I felt anger surge in me.

"No!" I yelled before the power surges through me and I pushed the people off me. I get to my feet and I felt my eyes glow with power as it comes to me. Suddenly the room became windy and it gets powerful and hard.

"Stop Charmeine!" Zaid says and I made it windy more.

"I will not be locked up like an animal again." I said, walking closer to him. Just as I lifted my head and arms to the sky, I felt a prick in my neck making me collapse to the ground. As I was going out of it I see him walk closer to me.

"I'm sorry sister."

"Charmeine!" I hear and I gasped getting up as I looked around frantically. I see Hope step back a bit and I looked around to see things were thrown everywhere.

"Oh my god." I mumbled as I sighed in frustration.

"Hey, are you okay?" Hope asked and I cleared my throat before giving her a smirk.

"I'm fine Mikaelson, don't need to be worried."

"Are you sure? You seemed like you were in pain as you were asleep." She says, frowning a little and I shake my head.

"I don't need you to analyse me, okay." I snapped at her and I hear her scoff, she walks off making me sigh.

I didn't want to ponder more on what had happened, just cleaning it up and getting ready for school. I haven't been to school in years, actually never been in anything like this. I got ready and I grabbed my stuff before walking out.

I walked out and I attended an assembly, that was nearly finished but I stood off in the back seeing an officer stand in the front next to Alaric. I didn't quite listen to what he was saying as I looked over everyone, I hadn't seen them all in the one room.

There was a lot of students here, all ranging and in kind of cliques, from Vampires, Witches and Werewolves. I looked around the room and my eyes landed on a werewolf, the same guy from the woods that day.

I couldn't help but notice how attractive he was, his eyes then landed on me and I give him one last look before I walked out of the room. It was the end of the assembly and I walked out with the others, I see some staring and whispering to themselves, making me just keep my head held high.

The day had gone by fast, it was lunch time and I decided to go to the garden where I was when I first got here. It kind of became my spot. I passed through the Dining Hall and I see the werewolf from earlier spot me before he walks up to me.

"Hi, you're Charmeine right?" He asked and I nodded raising a slight eyebrow.

"I'm flattered you know my name." I said, and he chuckles lightly.

"I'm Rafael, Rafael Waithe." He says, putting his hand out and I grabbed it. Immediately I felt loss and pain, I felt the sadness all over me.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I said, and he looks at me making me shake my head, "Sorry, that was weird." Clearing my throat and shaking my head.

"It's fine. It was my girlfriend." Rafael says and I nodded.

"That's how you triggered your curse, isn't it?" I asked and he nods.

"How did you-,"

"I know a lot." I said, and he nods so I change the subject, "Your brother is that curly head kid, right?"

"Um, yeah. Landon." Rafael says laughing.

"Bit of a troublemaker that one?"

"He's cool once you get to know him. I swear." He says and I chuckled nodding, looking at him with a small smile.

"I guess I'll see you around wolf." I said, smirking lightly.

"Actually I was wondering if you wanted to hang out, you're new and you don't seem like you have anyone to hang out with?" Rafael says and I snickered lowly.

"You realise you're the new kid too, right?" I said, raising an eyebrow and he chuckles lightly.

"True. So, what do you say?" He asked and I smiled.

"Sure, let's go." I said, and he looks confused but shrugs.

"Not so fast. Bounce, fresh meat. Rafael and I need a little chat." I hear from behind me and I could tell it was werewolves.

"I was just going to show Charmeine around." Rafael says, emphasising on my name.

"Actually newbie, I'm your alpha. You're done when I say you're done." I hear the boys voice and I was annoyed.

"As much as I like to see this battle of toxic masculinity, I'm leaving."

"Come on." He says, putting a hand on my lower back, and I instantly smirked to myself.

===

I made it back to the room and I see Hope in there, she sees me and doesn't say anything. I sighed as I put my stuff down and I turned to her.

"I just wanted to apologise for this morning. I snapped at you when you were just trying to help." I said and Hope turns around to me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What happened to you?"

"That's a pretty vague question." I said, and she looks at me.

"How do you know so much about me?"

"Your father." I said, and her eyes widen.

"My father? H-How-,"

"I met your father in 1702, he made the mistake of trying to attack me. Given our relationship started out with violence, we were friends for years. I was one of the lucky ones to snag his heart." I said, chuckling a little and she smiles lightly.

"You're the angel he used to talk about. He used to tell me stories about you when I was a kid." Hope says and I smirked.

"I mean I did change his life." I said, and she chuckles letting me join her, "He was a good man. I loved him, he was the only man I had fallen in love with."

"Not many people did." Hope says, smiling sadly.

"Not many people knew him like I did. He was a difficult person but what he went through, I don't blame him. He helped me through a lot of things too." I said, looking over her, "I'm sorry for your loss. I was devastated when I heard the news."

"Thank you." She says, smiling.