⤛NINE⤜

I had finished from the shower, walking back into my room as I found an outfit to wear tonight. I dried my hair out, leaving it in its natural waves as I just brushed it out before putting some hair jewellery in it to make it pop out.

I didn't really bother with makeup, as I just put on lipstick followed by putting on my dress. I slipped it on, and I looked at myself in the mirror, smirking a little. It was a red dress with thin straps and had a slit for my left leg, it hugged to my body nicely.

I added jewellery as the finishing touch, with a necklace, a couple rings and a thigh chain. I slipped on my black heels, I looked once more over myself before grabbing my clutch along with a present for Josie and I walked out of my room.

I got out to the party and I see everyone was already dancing, I see a couple of guys looking at me and I smirked walking by them. I put Josie's present down on the table before I looked out to see anyone I knew.

"Hey." I hear and I looked to see a guy.

"Hey." I said, looking back over at the party.

"I'm Nate." The guy says holding out his hand and I smirked a little, shaking his hand. He was a vampire.

"Charmeine."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Nate says and I chuckled.

"I bet you say that to all the girls, huh?" I said, and he smirks.

"It doesn't work most of the time." He says and I nodded, smirking at him.

"Are you new?"

"On the contrary, I'm very old." He says and I chuckled, shaking my head, "I started here about a week ago." I frowned a little, before raising an eyebrow.

"I haven't seen you."

"I've seen you." Nate says and I snickered.

"You know some girls might find that attractive and others might call it stalkerish." I said, and he raises an eyebrow.

"And what do you think about it?"

"I'm on the fence about it really."

"Oh yeah?" Nate asked, looking at me and I nodded, chuckling a little.

We then started to talk, he was pretty funny and pretty great to get along with. I was laughing at a story he was telling me about his family back in 1864. I was holding onto my stomach and laughing.

"That is so cruel." I said, chuckling and he laughs too.

"Okay, I didn't mean it and all is well." He says, laughing too. I leaned back in my seat, chuckling as I shook my head and he looks at me, making me smile.

Suddenly all the bumping and grinding music was off and a slow song comes on. Nate offers his hand and I raised an eyebrow at him before accepting it and he pulls me out to the dance floor.

"Wow, you know how to dance?" Nate asked and I chuckled.

"I was basically alive when the waltz was invented. Who do you think taught everyone?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and he does the same.

"You're lying." Nate says and I looked at him with a challenging look.

"Please, people in Austria had two left feet before I stepped in and helped them. It only got more popular in the 1700's coming to Europe." I said, and he smiles at me nodding in acceptance.

I looked around the room and my eyes landed on Lizzie who was dancing with Rafael, this was probably the first time the whole night I had seen him. I didn't want to admit it but he looked handsome.

He spots me and he looks at me sincerely, I wanted to look away but I couldn't and that sucked. Then all of a sudden I feel a tap on my arm and I turn to see it was Penelope.

"Sorry, but have you seen Josie?" She asked looking concerned.

"No I haven't, I thought she was already here." I said, looking at her.

"I haven't seen her all night."

"I'll help you look for her, okay? I'll meet you at the Old Mill." I said, she nods walking off and I looked over at Nate who was smiling at me.

"Let's go." Nate says and I looked at him.

"You don't have to come, stay and enjoy the party."

"The party is wherever you are anyway." Nate says smirking and I chuckled.

"Let's go creepy." I said, grabbing his hand and walking right out of the school.

===

Nate and I made it to the Old Mill where Penelope was standing with MG. I could see them talking and I walked closer to them, and they spotted me walking over with Nate.

"Anything?" I asked Penelope and she shakes her head. Suddenly, Hope appeared from the side carrying a shovel and a flashlight. She had on a beautiful long burgundy dress and I looked at her.

"Are you going to bury a body after the party?" I asked, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You gonna howl at the moon wearing that?" Penelope joked but Hope ignored her.

"Sorry, no time for bitchy banter." She says before stopping to look at us, "Actually, I could use your help finding Josie."

"What happened?" Penelope asked, all serious.

"Apparently her possessed biological mother buried her alive in the cemetery." Hope says and I picked up a shovel looking at the group.

"What are we waiting for?" I said, and they all grabbed something before we followed Hope to the cemetery.

"MG, listen for her breathing." Hope instructed.

"Hold on, I hear something. Shovel!" He says, quickly digging at the ground. We all then jumped back surprised as a decomposed arm popped up through the soil grabbing MG's ankle.

The creature burst out of the soil, clawing his way towards us and we all moved back stunned. Penelope grabs the shovel she was holding tightly in her grip, swinging it at the zombie burying the blade in the side of its neck, barely slowing it down.

"That won't work!" MG yelled out, jamming the shovel himself and hitting it right in the forehead, "To kill a walker, you gotta go for the brain! Everybody knows that!"

"Yeah, every nerd maybe. Just call it a zombie." Penelope says, rolling her eyes. They continued to bicker back and forth, I looked out into the graveyard.

"What's up?" Hope asked me and I looked at her.

"It's not over yet."

"How do you know that?" Penelope says and her question was soon answered, hearing the Zombies coming out of their graves.

We all moved back to back in a tight formed circle as we see zombies surrounding us. Once they came close enough, we all attacked taking down zombies as fast as we could. MG beheaded a zombie, and he jumps in the air throwing his arm up.

"Yo!" I yelled out to MG who looks, "Find Josie. We can handle the rest, you two go." I looked at Nate who nods before they vamp sped off. Hope, Penelope and I were left, going back to back seeing the zombies surround us.

"How do we do this?" Hope asked.

"I saw we DIY and pretend they're Lizzie Saltzman." Penelope asked and I smirked.

"I can get behind that." I said, feeling my eyes glow.