⤛FOURTEEN⤜

It only had been a couple days since I left the boarding school, I needed to channel all my anger and frustration out, which led me to training in the woods. I felt the sweat drip down my face, as I kept running through the woods and practicing my fighting.

I hear something behind me as I stood in the middle of a huge open area, I could hear them getting closer making me duck down, swinging my leg back before quickly getting up. I pushed my hand on their chest as I had the other up and ready to punch before seeing who was actually here.

"You've gotten better." Zaid says and I scoff.

"What are you even doing here?" I said, getting up off him and I looked at him.

"I just came to make sure you weren't going to blow up."

"I can look after myself thank you."

"Oh come on, where is the love baby sister?" Zaid says and I clenched my jaw.

"I said leave me alone!" I screamed out and he went flying back. I looked to see that the clearing around me got bigger as everything disintegrated, I felt my chest heave up and down.

"You sure you've got it under control?" My brother asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you want from me Zaid, okay? Want me to admit that I'm a ticking time bomb? Admit that there is no use for me to fall in love or get close to people but I will destroy them in the long run? That it sucks having a family turn their back on you. So just, leave me alone." I finished, looking at him and he gives me a sad look.

"Charmeine..." Zaid says, and I sniffled as I let the tears out, "You're my sister and I only want what's best for you."

"Oh bullshit! All my life I had to be the perfect daughter, I had to keep my emotions in check. I hated it, every fucking minute of it. I looked up to you but you are just like the rest." I said, feeling my powers surge through me.

"You think I liked seeing you like that, having to hunt you down? I only did what I thought was right and once I did, I thought about you every day. I wasn't allowed to see you and they fed me information saying you were dangerous." Zaid says, walking closer to me.

"You do not get to pity yourself! You haven't earned that from me! I was scared. I don't even remember who I fell for! Do you know how much it sucks to have items from someone and then not know who the hell they were!"

"You're my sister, I will always be here for you."

"You are not my brother. You just happen to be someone I share the same gene pool with."

"Charmeine-," He was close to me, I cut him off by punching him in the face.

I let all my anger and emotions out, hitting him over and over again feeling all of that being released from me. He continues to stand there, and I was getting angrier by the second as he continued to stand there.

"Fight back! Fight back!" I said, hitting his chest.

"I'm done fighting with you."

"Fight back!" I said, and as I go to hit his chest again he catches my arms. I tried getting out of his grip, and I looked at him feeling the tears rolling down my face.

He brings me into his chest and I couldn't help but let everything out, all my tears and everything I've held in for the last thousand years.

===

After my episode, Zaid and I walked out of the forest and into town. I was staying in Maple Hollows, soon as I walked in I see a bunch of guys in hazmat suits. I turned to Zaid who was also confused and looked around. I see that there were a bunch of dead bugs around and I looked at Zaid, confused and scared.

"Is this what it's like when I lose control?"

"We need to get out of here." Zaid said, before we could leave we turned to meet a guy in a yellow suit.

"Do you guys live here?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, we're just passing through sir." I said, and I looked around to see dead bugs, "What happened here?"

"We're evacuating the town. Everyone's going to evac centre."

"I mean is that necessary sir, we're just passing through." Zaid says and the guy gives us a look.

"Sorry ignore my brother, we'll go." I said, pulling on Zaid's arm before walking over to a transport bus.

"What are we doing?" Zaid asked before we got in.

"I don't know. But something's off and I need to find out why."

"And the answer is no." Zaid says, and I frowned, "This isn't what it's like when you lose control. You'll know when it's you." I took a deep breath before getting into the bus filled with people.

We drove for quite a while before reaching some woodland area where there were a few tents set up. Zaid and I stepped out, looking around to see a bunch of people in lines for a check-up.

I looked at Zaid who gives me a reassuring nod before we walked in line, I was looking around at the number of people that were here. We stood in line for a while before getting to the front, seeing a lady stand in front of us.

"You here together?"

"Yeah, my sister and I are on a road trip. I'm Zaid and this is Charmeine." Zaid says and the lady nods.

"Go in." She says and we walked in, seeing a bunch of people inside.

"You wait here." Zaid says and I nodded letting him walk off. I was walking and didn't see where I was going, I turned around quickly bumping into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I said, and I looked at the person in front of me. I gasped a little, he was the same guy from my vision from ages ago, I never actually met him considering it was the day Alaric and Hope left for Kansas.

"Oh no, it's fine." He says, before looking at me his eyes going wide, "Wha- um, wow." He continues to stare at me and I nodded my head slowly.

"That's usually the response I get thanks." I said, and he chuckles lightly.

"Oh I'm sorry, I just thought- you look someone I used to know." He says, the same words I heard in my vision.

"I bet she was amazing." I said, and I noticed he was looking down at my hand. I looked down to see my ring was still on, making me clear my throat and he looks back up.

"That's an interesting ring. Where'd you get it?" He asked and I looked at him before looking down, fiddling with it.

"It was a gift from someone. I don't remember who, it was a long time ago." I said, and he nods.

"It's beautiful. Whoever gave it to you has great taste." He says and I nodded. I looked behind him to see Zaid and I looked back to the guy.

"I gotta go to my brother, sorry again for bumping into you." I said, smiling a little before walking off.

"I'll see you around Charmeine." He says, making me stop in my tracks I turned and see he was already walking off.

"Hey, you okay?" I hear and I looked at Zaid.

"I-yeah. The weirdest thing just happened." I said, frowning a little and Zaid looks at me, "I just bumped into that guy, I had seen him in my vision but a different scenario."

"I mean, doesn't that happen all the time."

"Yeah but that's not the weirdest thing. I walked off and he said my name." I said, and Zaid raises an eyebrow, "I never told him my name Zaid." Zaid rolls his eyes before looking over to where I walked from.

"Look, he probably got it from-," Zaid stops himself before his eyes landed on the guy, looking shocked.

"What? Do you know him?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and he looks down at me.

"Uh, no. It's weird. Come on, we gotta get out of here." He says and I knew he was lying but I didn't say anything. I looked back over to the guy who was talking to someone before walking out with Zaid.