⤛SEVEN⤜

I was sitting in class, well more like dozing off because I was so tired. I hear the bell ring making me snap out of my sleep, gathering my things and I walked out. I feel someone walk beside me and I see it was one of the witches, Penelope.

We had a few classes together, given we never talked much she was fun to sit in class with and just not do anything.

"You look tired there angel?" She says and I chuckled.

"If that's a sad attempt at a pick up line, may I suggest something else?" I said, and she chuckles.

"Wow, harsh. I like it."

"What do you want?"

"You look like you could knock out in any second." Penelope says and I raised an eyebrow.

"Thanks for the concern Penny, but I'm fine." I said, and she hands me a small bottle making me frown.

"It's an elixir. Will help you sleep, for at least an hour, peacefully." She says and I chuckled.

"I would kill for a peaceful sleep but that's not how it works." I said, and she raises an eyebrow.

"Just take it, you need it." Penelope says and I looked at her.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I said, and she chuckles.

"Us weirdo's have to stick together." She says and I chuckled, smiling at her.

"Oh, you're the weirdo."

"Coming from the person who's an actual angel with wings. You don't see me with a pointy hat and a wand." She says, raising an eyebrow before walking off, "You will thank me later."

I just laughed to myself, before pocketing the elixir for safe keeping in my bag. I actually enjoyed being in the school, I hung out with Rafael every day and getting to know him was exciting. I walked over to Alaric's office, and I could already hear him talking to Dorian.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dorian asked, as I got closer.

"Kill her now before she attacks?" Alaric says and I made myself appear.

"I know I'm an asshole but that's a bit of a stretch." I said, and I spotted an unfamiliar face who was in a wedding dress with blood, "Is Halloween early this year?" I raised an eyebrow at them.

"Hi." The lady says and I frowned a little.

"Gemini witch?" I said, and the lady frowns as well, "Alaric, who is this?"

"Won't matter once I've killed her." Alaric says and I tried to pin point where I knew her from. I saw a photo frame, it had the woman and Alaric looking happy, then it clicked.

"Wait, you're her." I said and I looked at Alaric, "Is she-,"

"Dead, yeah. Have a feeling she's the next monster."

"We can interrogate her, she might know more than the dryad." Dorian says and I looked at him.

"You saw a Dryad? When? Wait, why wasn't I invited?" I said, and Alaric looks at me.

"Can you please go grab Hope? No one can she her, especially not today." Alaric says and I nodded.

"Okay, I'll come back when you don't have your hands full." I said, and I turned around walking down the hall to where the guidance counsellor was.

Emma was nice and often tried to get me into sessions, but it was hard for me to talk about my feelings. I knocked on the door and it opened, Hope was sitting across from Emma and both eyes landed on me.

"Yes, Charmeine?" Emma says and I looked at Hope.

"Mr Saltzman needs you in his office, it's an emergency." I said, and Hope nods.

"We'll finish this up later." Emma says, and Hope grabs her things. I go to leave with her but Emma's voice cuts me off, "Charmeine, a word?"

"Sure." I said, looking at Hope before walking into the room and sitting down.

"So, how have you been?" Emma asked and I shrugged.

"Normal."

"You finding fitting in okay?"

"Yeah, I've never actually been to a school so this is fun." I said, and she smiles.

"That's good. Made any new friends?"

"Look, if you have something to ask me just ask. There's no need to beat around the bush." I said, and Emma chuckles lightly nodding.

"Hope tells me that you haven't been sleeping much but when you do, you have nightmares?" She says and I cursed at myself before putting on a smile.

"I'm fine, really. It's only happened once." I said, shrugging and Emma tilts her head.

"You sure?"

"I don't need to be analysed, I'm fine. I'll see you around." I said, standing up placing my bag over my shoulder.

"Your wings." She says, making me stop and I looked at her.

"What?"

"Sorry I don't mean to sound invasive but I've always wondered what angel wings looked like? Are they as angelic in person as they seem on T.V or in books?" She says and I pursed my lips.

"I don't remember." I said, looking at her and she stares at me with a look.

"Why is that?" Emma says, and she nods back to the chair making me sit down. I sat there with a straight face as I crossed my legs over one another and I look down at my hand where my ring sat, fiddling with it.

"Because I cut them off centuries ago."

"Isn't that painful?"

"I'd do anything than have to go back to a place I once called home. This was my way of saying that I don't give a shit." I said, and she nods listening. It felt good to get that off my chest.

"And your nightmares?" She asked and I pursed my lips before clearing my throat.

"I sometimes feel like I'm still in that place, in my own head as they just tortured me for centuries. I still feel them lingering on me and I can't help but feel if I start to enjoy myself too much, something is going to go wrong." I said, and she nods listening, "I was always the one who had to prove themselves no matter what."

"Why do you feel like that?"

"Pain is the only thing I've known. My powers themselves can get out of control once I let my emotions take over."

"I'm sure you've known love. I mean, that ring there is something." Emma says and I noticed she was looking at me fiddling around with it. I looked at it with a sigh before looking at her with a shrug.

"I-I don't know who gave it to me. I have materialistic things but not knowing who I fell in love with still bugs me, no one knows because whatever took memories away of other creatures, it went with it."

"Then why are you so bothered? I mean, what if it was for your own good?" Emma says and I looked at her.

"Shouldn't I be able to make that judgement? I mean, even if it was, why was I still punished for eternity if no one actually knew what crime I committed? My own brother was against me." I said, shaking my head as I scoffed, "My brother he found me and I know he's gone back, told them where I am."

"It was inevitable, don't you think?"

"Not really."

"And why do you think they haven't come to get you yet?"

"Because their scared."

"Why would they be scared?" Emma says, looking a bit confused.

"Because I know once they find me, it's over."

"Over for who?"

"Over for the entire world."