⤛SIXTEEN⤜

I gasped as I sit upright, looking around myself seeing that I was in the middle of the woods making me confused. I get up from the ground, I looked around before looking down to see I was wearing a Chiton, from the 4th Century.

"Charmeine." I hear and I turned around seeing my brother, making the tears come to my eyes.

"Zaid." I said, running up to him and throwing my arms around him. I cried as I held him close to me, I pulled away putting my hand on his face, my tears blurring my vision.

"Excited to see me sister?" He asked, also emotional and I chuckled through the tears.

"You died."

"I know sister, it's okay."

"You're not supposed to die. You're supposed to be an annoying presence in my life, okay." I said, and he smiles.

"We all can't be as powerful as you sister." Zaid says and I looked at him, my lips quivering.

"P-Please come back to me."

"You know I can't do that."

"T-Then they can take me, okay. I deserve it, they should've just killed me. I need you Zaid." I cried out and he looks at me, with a sad smile.

"If you died then I wouldn't be able to live without you either. You're here so we can say goodbye." Zaid says and I sniffled as he held onto me.

"Yeah but this is an actual goodbye, at least before I knew you were out there."

"I'm always going to be with you Charmeine." He says and I snorted.

"You always such an old man."

"I mean as my little sister I have to be, even though you are a bit older by a few centuries." Zaid says, I smiled before chuckling and he joins.

"Dad sent me here, didn't he?" I asked and he nods.

"He knew that you needed to see me before being thrown into the real world with all your emotions pent up."

"But what if I can never control it? I will always let loose."

"You can control it, I believe in you. The people out there believe in you." Zaid says, closing his eyes before touching my forehead and I see flashes of the group of people I've become close to in the last couple of months.

"I could hurt them."

"But you won't because you care about them." He says and I continued looking at the flashes.

Hope, we met and didn't like each other very much but we go to talking and we are closer than ever. Alaric, who has been a surrogate father here on Earth who cares about his daughters and Hope. Josie and even Lizzie, the twins who are inseparable and powerful. MG, we didn't get off on the right foot but he helped save Josie. Landon, the awkward kid who's just right for Hope.

Then there he was, Rafael. We've been through a lot but that was okay because we've come out stronger on the other side. Kissing him for the first time made me realise all my feelings I had for him pent up inside me.

"All these people, they are your family. They would do anything to protect you and you would do the same. I was wrong about you leaving them because they can help you be a better person. They can accomplish more than I can in the last few thousand centuries." Zaid says and I opened my eyes with a few tears in there.

"We really saying goodbye now?"

"You live your life how you want too Charmeine, you deserve more than I could ever give you."

"I love you Zaid."

"I love you Charmeine, you are my little sister. I couldn't see it but you are powerful, you are in control of who and what you are. You don't have to be evil, you can be good. You are good." Zaid says and I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly once more and he kisses my head.

No matter how much I say I hate him, he was my brother, my family and I loved him. No family was perfect and the imperfect ones were the best.

"And I told you no more lies, so here's one more thing." Zaid says, closing his eyes and I do the same.

I breathed in the fresh air as I stood right by the window of the little hut we were in. I felt arms wrap around my waist making me chuckle, holding his hands close to me. I turned around and my eyes landed on him, smiling.

"Morning my loves." He says and puts his hand on my stomach, I looked down at my growing belly.

"Morning."

"How is my baby girl?"

"Ryan, we don't even know if it's a girl." I said, giving him a look.

"A man can dream." He says and I chuckled, kissing him and he responds. I looked at him and he looks at me in awe making me smile.

"What?"

"Can't a man just admire his beautiful, glowing wife." Ryan says and I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

"Be quiet."

"I love you Mae."

"I love you more." I said, kissing him once more before walking off from him.

I walked outside into the field, picking up flowers as I smelt it before putting them in the basket. After picking them, I walked back into the house just as I looked up, my smile drops as I see Ryan being held by the angels.

"Charmeine, you are charged with treason and for disobeying the angel court about your human lover. You are sentenced to eternity."

"No." Ryan exclaims and I give him a sad look.

"I'm sorry." I told him before looking at the guards, "I'll go with you, just don't hurt him." They dropped him and came over to me, Ryan runs up to them hitting one and he falls to the ground, hitting the other who also falls.

"Let's go." He says, and grabs my hand running out of the house. I stopped in my tracks, looking at him.

"Ryan-,"

"I'm not losing you both. I love you." He says and I nodded.

We run off again before we were stopped by other guards, Ryan goes to attack one but they caught his arm. I went to run up to him but I was held back by another, making me grunt. I see the guard bend down to beat Ryan up and I screamed out.

"No! Stop! You're hurting him!" I screamed out and I gained strength, pushing the guard off me.

I walked up to the other guard, pushing him off Ryan and throwing him to a tree. I go to help Ryan up but something grabs my shoulder throwing me back and I flew to the other end, hitting a tree full on.

"No!" Ryan yells and I looked down to see a piece of wood was in my stomach. I gasped, tears rushing to my eyes before it turns to anger, feeling my eyes glow.