Chapter Two: Stranger than you dreamt it

After I got dressed in something dry, I decided to practice my writing which was really frustrating since it looked nothing like the way Erik writes. I've been keeping Erik's notes to try to practice but it hasn't been working. I decided to just go to bed since it's been a long day. I got into bed and hugged my (F/C) (F/A) (A/N: favorite Animal) teddy falling asleep. Only to be woken up by Erik yelling 'no'.

'Damn you!'

I ran to the curtain that separates my bedroom from the main room and peeked through.

'You little prying pandora!' Erik shouted at Christine who, I just realised, had taken Erik's mask off, 'you little demon- this is what you wanted to see?'

Erik grabbed Christine showing her his face which I caught a glimpse of before he put his hand back on his face and threw Christine to the floor.

'Curse you! You little lying Delilah! You little viper! Now you cannot ever be free!' He told Christine, 'Damn you... curse you...'

He fell to his knees before turning to Christine who was curled up in fear.

'Stranger than you dreamt it- can you even dare to look or bear to think of me: this loathsome gargoyle, who burns in hell, but secretly yearns for heaven, secretly.... secretly...' he stopped and just looked at her, "but Christine..."

She looked at him hesitantly before he continued, 'fear can turn to love- you'll learn to see, to find the man behind the monster: this.... repulsive carcass, who seems a beast, but secretly dreams of beauty, secretly... secretly... oh Christine.... no."

He turned away from her still covering his face so I couldn't get another look at it. Christine handed Erik back his mask and he took it back putting it on again. He looked back at her standing up, taking her hand, and taking her to the boat.

'Come we must return- those two fools who run my theatre will be missing you.'

Once they left in the boat, I walked out of my room and just stared at the gate trying to properly grasp what just happened. I didn't want to keep this a secret from him so I'll have to tell him when he returns. So, I waited for Erik to return. Which led me to re-read Erik's old letters both to the old Manager. As I was reading them, Erik returned. 

"What are you doing up?" He asked making me look up.

"You woke me up when you yelled at Christine," I told him putting the note away.

"Did you...?" He pointed to his mask.

"I caught a glimpse of it."

"Were you not scared?" Erik got out of the boat.

"Not really. I'd have to see it again to be certain."

"Some other time maybe. I need to write some more instructions to the new managers."

"Can I help?" I asked not really thinking.

He thought for a moment, "yes, come here."

I followed him to his desk which had a model of the stage on it. We sat down, thinking about what to write while Erik gave me a piece of paper and a quill pen.

"While I work on Andrè's note, you can work on Firmin's," he told me.

"Um-" I said looking down at my hands. I've never told him that I didn't know how to write because I was too embarrassed to tell him.

"Is something wrong?" He asked making me face him.

"E-Erik, I-I don't know how to write," I told him.