Chapter seventeen: Fire

(A/N: chapter inspired by song above.)

Your POV:

It's been two and a half years since Millie was born and everything thing has been going great! Little did I know, today that greatness would soon end. I was Jac today so I was performing one of my 'adventures' when someone burst through the doors telling us to evacuate Coney because a fire started and it was consuming everything. Everyone started to evaluate both Phantasma and Coney. Everyone got out and no one seemed hurt.

"(Y/N)!" Erik called out.

"Erik! Millie!" I said hugging them both. Wait... both? "Where is Gustave?"

"He's not with you?" Erik asked.

"Jac! He might still be in Phantasma." Gangle told me.

"Oh no!" I whispered.

"Gangle! Get help!" Erik told him, "NOW!"

Gangle ran off to get help. I couldn't stand back and wait for help if I could get Gustave now.

"Erik," I said gaining his attention.

I kissed him before kissing Millie's forehead and walked towards Coney's entrance.

"(Y/N)!" Erik said turning me to him, "what are you doing?"

"I'm getting Gustave," I told him.

"NO! If the fire doesn't kill you the smoke will!" He told me.

"Then I'll say hello to Christine for you if that does happen," I told him.

"I will not lose you the way I lost Christine!" He said, "and I also don't want to lose you the way I did in my dream."

"Erik, I have to do this," I told him, "I love you."

We kissed again and when we broke, I ran into Coney to get Gustave. I ran as fast as I could until I reached Phantasma. By then I was already coughing from all the smoke. I ran to Erik's office to see Gustave in a corner laying low.

"Mother!" Gustave called running up to me.

"Gustave," I said before coughing, "do you have anything to cover your nose and mouth?"

He shook his head so I took off my hat and bandana tying it around his nose and mouth. I put my hat back on and led him out of Phantasma. We kept running until I collapsed in a coughing fit. Gustave urged me to get up but I couldn't and everything went dark.

Gustave's POV:

Mother collapsed so I tried to drag her out of Coney since I wasn't strong enough to carry her. I put her arm around my shoulder and tried my best to get her out of Coney.

Erik's POV:

I watched as Gustave walked out of Coney with (Y/N) limp on his shoulder. I ran up to him taking (Y/N) in my arms and sitting down.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N) don't leave me! Please!" I begged, "you promised you wouldn't die like this! You promised!"

I broke down crying holding her closer to me. Firefighters and doctors arrived and they took (Y/N) to the hospital.

(Time skip)

Me, Millie and Gustave were in the waiting room waiting to see if (Y/N) was okay.

"Mr Y," a doctor said gaining my attention, "Jac is alive."

I gave a sigh of relief, "thank goodness."

"She's just unconscious. She inhaled a lot of smoke but she'll live," he said, "if she wishes to sing again, I suggest she takes it slow before singing arias again."

"I understand," I said.

We were then led to the patient's ward where (Y/N) was. I rushed to her side taking her hand and stroked her hair.

"You kept your promise," I whispered to her kissing her forehead.

Gustave kneeled on the other side of the bed with Millie who was asleep in his arms and thanked her for coming to get him. We eventually left to find a hotel for the night. When we did, we put Millie to bed and Gustave cleaned all the soot off him.

"How did this happen?" Gustave asked once he was cleaned up.

"I don't know," was my reply, "I don't even know if I can rebuild Coney."

"Where will we go then?" He asked sitting next to me on the sofa.

"I designed a house not too long ago which I had built for the four of us," I told him, "it's in England."

"It's better than no house at all Papa," he told me.

"Let's wait for your mother to get back on her feet before we go anywhere," I told him.

(Time skip)

The next day we were looking around what was left of Coney Island to try and find out what started the fire.

"Daddy," Millie called, "this looks bader then evewything else."

I looked to where she was. She was right, Hellgate looked worse than everything else.

"Good spot Millie," I said picking her up, "one of the bulbs probably exploded from the heat or short circuit."

We went to the house which, unfortunately, was caught in the fire and tried to find anything worth keeping. We managed to salvage a few pieces of clothing but that was it. Later that day we went to visit (Y/N) who hadn't woken up yet.

"When will mummy wake up daddy?" Millie asked.

"I don't know my little angel," I said.

"I miss her," Millie said laying her head on my chest, "I miss her singing and her storeys."

"It will be a while before you hear her sing again," I told her.

'Evewy night I lie in bed the bwightest colours fill my head, a million dweams are keeping me awake,' Millie sang.

'I think of what the world could be, a vision of the one I see, a million dreams/dweams is all it's gonna take,' Gustave and Millie sang together.

'A million dreams for the world we're gonna make,' I continued.

I watched as (Y/N)'s eyes fluttered open.

"What did I miss?" She asked in a hoarse voice.

"Mummy!/Mother!" Gustave and Millie said in sync hugging her.

"Hello you two," she said hugging them back.

"May I say hello to your mother now?" I asked them.

They separated the hug and I hugged her giving her a kiss.

"How long have I been out?" (Y/N) asked.

"About half a day," I said separating our hug.

"Great," she said sarcastically.

"Mummy, daddy, where is we going to live now?" Millie asked.

"(Y/N), how do you feel about moving to England?" I asked, "there is a house I had built for the four of us."

"You're not going to rebuild Coney?" (Y/N) asked.

"No," I replied.

"Then England will be fine," she said before coughing.

A doctor came over to her to see if she was alright which, thankfully, she was. They gave her a glass of water and her voice became less hoarse.